Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set array name dynamically
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting set array name dynamically Post 302289349 by stanleypane on Thursday 19th of February 2009 11:15:35 AM
Old 02-19-2009
Not sure what shell and OS you're using, but I'll assume bash considering your array notation.

The following works in bash on Linux and AIX:

Code:
$ array_1[0]=0
$ array_1[1]=1
$ array_1[2]=2
$ array_2[0]=3
$ array_2[1]=4
$ array_2[2]=5
$ for arrNum in `seq 1 2`
> do
> for arrDim in `seq 0 2`
> do
> echo "array_${arrNum}[${arrDim}] = $( eval echo \${array_${arrNum}[${arrDim}]} )"
> done
> done
array_1[0] = 0
array_1[1] = 1
array_1[2] = 2
array_2[0] = 3
array_2[1] = 4
array_2[2] = 5
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set dynamically keys names in perl %hash

hello I have loop , in this loop im picking names , this names I want to be keys in %hash but I don't know how to set in every loop entertain different key in the %hash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i read array elements dynamically in bash?

Hi friends how can we read array elements dynamically in bash shell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically setting an array

Hi Gurus, How do I dynamically set up an array. Below is my code if ] then set ecomm_task_limit = '${ecomm_srvr}' fi Here, I want to set values in the array "${ecomm_srvr}" into ecomm_task_limit upon each iteration. Finally I want to display all the values in the new array... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result set into an array

Hi, I have an issue with the result set. I wanted to run db2 query against db2 server in unix environment using perl script. I wanted to get the result set into an array. $db=<<DB_Name>> connect to $db get connection state this is my query = SELECT DISTINCT 'R' FROM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create dynamically associative array in PHP?

Hi, I have an html page like this: <html> <body> <form action="test.php" method = "post"> Enter your name:<input name="search" type = "text" size ="40"> <br> Enter your age:<input name="age" type = "text" size ="20"> <input type = "submit" name="submit" value="search"> <input type =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding indices in an array nearest to a set of values

I have an two arrays. One array BINDIST consists of fences. I have another array XOFFS. Eg BINDIST = 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 XOFFS = 2 3 4 23 25 28 55 58 I want to find to find the indices of values in XOFFS that are closest to each BINDIST. My idea is to do as follows I create array... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from array and set those values as a variable

I am new to ksh scripting, specially array. How do i get values from an array and set the value as variable and pass those variables to the different functions?? someone taught me how to get input from a file with have columns i need to read, but now i doesnt know how to set those value to be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash question: working with an array of previously set variable strings

while i've used arrays to work with variables, i've never used them to loop through a set of strings and wanted to ask the community for some feedback or assistance. let me be specific. here's my code: # URL port Variables port2195=`nc -z $url2195 2195` port2196=`nc -z $url2196 2196`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
5 Replies
ARRAY_DIFF(3)								 1							     ARRAY_DIFF(3)

array_diff - Computes the difference of arrays

SYNOPSIS
array array_diff (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
Compares $array1 against one or more other arrays and returns the values in $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array to compare from o $array2 - An array to compare against o $... - More arrays to compare against RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the entries from $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_diff(3) example <?php $array1 = array("a" => "green", "red", "blue", "red"); $array2 = array("b" => "green", "yellow", "red"); $result = array_diff($array1, $array2); print_r($result); ?> Multiple occurrences in $array1 are all treated the same way. This will output : Array ( [1] => blue ) NOTES
Note Two elements are considered equal if and only if (string) $elem1 === (string) $elem2. In words: when the string representation is the same. Note This function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using array_diff($array1[0], $array2[0]);. SEE ALSO
array_diff_assoc(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_DIFF(3)