Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Migrate VxVM boot disks to higher capacity disk Post 302289295 by incredible on Thursday 19th of February 2009 07:40:15 AM
Old 02-19-2009
Anyone here to confirm the steps are right pls?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Can not increase capacity of the vg using raid5 with ssa disks

hi all, i have an p620 server. it has 2 scsi 18gb disks for aix4.3 OS and 3 ssa disks for database and an serialRAID adapter. 3 ssa disks configured raid level 5. to increase capacity of the datavg, i buy 2 ssa 18gb disks. but i can not add them to the existing datavg. i did the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tinhlx
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Mount points of available Vxvm disks

I have situation where I want to know about all the vxvm mount points information on my solaris box, because after rebooting the server the few mount points are not mounted automatically because they where not copied in /etc/vfstab. So please help me out on the same.:( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimish_mehta
0 Replies

3. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to find the failed disks in SVM and VxVM

How to find & replace bad disks in solaris & VXVM?plz explain step by step? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtreams
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

6. Solaris

vxvm root disk booting problem - solved with boot -a. How?

Hi All, We had a Sun Netra T1 go down the other day, the root disk was mirrored using vxvm. Upon boot from either disk, we had the following error appear: WARNING: Error writing ufs log state WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error WARNING: Please umount(1M) / and run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies

7. AIX

how to find out disk capacity

Hi, I would like to know how to find out disk capacity if it is assigned from the storage as a lun. as per below command , I am unable to find out disk capacity. $ bash bash-3.00$ lspv hdisk1 0001579a7fa3c086 None $ lscfg -vl hdisk1 hdisk1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Disk Capacity Shell Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! I am pretty close I think, but stuck. I don't know how to send an email to the user specified on the command line, and I receive an error stating -ge expecting a unary value(lines... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: polyglot0727
14 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to boot from mirror disk on x86 server configured under VxVM

Hi, Can you help me on booting x86 server configured under VxVM. Server boots fine normally from both the disks but if I try to boot server from mirror disk without starting veritas, then it does not boot. vxplex -g rootdg dis var-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis swapvol-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindphanse604
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Removing a VxVM disk from a Disk Group

Hello all, So I made a rookie mistake today. I forgot to remove my disk from my disk group, before running the following command:for i in `ioscan -fnN | awk /NO/'{print $3}'` do rmsf -H $i done I am trying to run the following command, but not having any luck obviously:vxdg -g dgvol1 rmdisk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkejames2
0 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)