Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Preloading libraries.. LD_PRELOAD Post 302289283 by otheus on Thursday 19th of February 2009 07:15:34 AM
Old 02-19-2009
provide the full library path (one per line) in /etc/ld.so.preload

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

3. Linux

LD_PRELOAD on x86_64 gives error from ld.so

I have implemented an interposer for open() and open64() system call. This interposer is implemented in interposer.c and I have compiled it in a shared library (libinterposer.so) using the following commands: gcc -g -fPIC -s -o interposer.o -c interposer.c gcc -s -g -shared -nostartfiles ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Mukherje
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

LD_PRELOAD on HP UX?

Hi , Is LD_PRELOAD supported on HP UX? I am having issues when i export the below export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/vertex/commtax_1.0.16/64bit/lib/libctq.so ldd /usr/local/vertex/commtax_1.0.16/64bit/lib/libctq.so /usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libodbc.so'. Killed Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psreddy1234
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What does LD_PRELOAD signify?

Hi, What does LD_PRELOAD variable signify on HP-UX? thanks in advance, -Ashish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Declaring LD_PRELOAD system wide for dynamic loading

Dear Fellows; As being new to linux, i have tried to synamically load a custom library which overrides some system calls like conncet(), socket() etc.... for custom purposes. It works well, if declaring the environment path LD_PRELOAD and execution of the application to be override... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
0 Replies

8. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

9. Programming

LD_PRELOAD getting ignored .. can anyone tell me why ?

I had it working but i screwed up something and now i get me@mymachine:~$ LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/libf1.o ldd FCaller ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/me/libf1.o' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored. ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/me/libf1.o' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored. ERROR:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetworkLearning
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preloading open() for files sourced by tcsh

I am overriding the file open system calls (open, open64, fopen, fopen64, freopen, freopen64) in a dynamic library and setting LD_PRELOAD to point to that library. Here is a sample script I'm testing this on - #!/bin/tcsh source testcsh1.csh source testbash1.sh On RHEL 5.7 (tcsh 6.14.00), the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: endgame
2 Replies
cp_dirs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							cp_dirs(4)

NAME
cp_dirs - Database configuration file used by worldwide support software SYNOPSIS
/var/i18n/conf/cp_dirs DESCRIPTION
The cp_dirs configuration file determines the locations for the following set of database or data files: The character attribute database for user-defined characters (see cedit(1) and cgen(1)) Font database files and preload font database files for user-defined characters Font database files are used by the On-Demand Loading (ODL) mechanism. Preload font database files are used with terminals that are designed specifically for multibyte characters. Refer to odl(5) for more information. BDF and PCF format font files for user- defined characters These files are used for graphical user interface displays. Input key sequence databases used by DECwindows and CDE input method servers and by terminals that are designed specifically for multibyte characters. Collating value database used for sorting (see asort(1)) Phrase databases used with both the software and the hardware phrase input methods (see phrase(1) and sim(5)). In the cp_dirs file, lines beginning with the # character are treated as comments. Each line that is not a comment constitutes an entry and adheres to the following format: service-name std-path sys-path usr-path In this format: Can be one of the following values: Specifies the BDF format font files for GUI interfaces. Specifies the collating value database. Specifies the input key sequence databases. Specifies the ODL font databases. Specifies PCF format font files for GUI inter- faces. Specifies the raw font files used to preload multibyte terminals. Specifies the phrase input method database. Specifies the char- acter attribute database. Specifies the location of the database files for standard character sets. Specifies the location of the system- wide database files for user-defined characters. Specifies the location of private database files for user-defined characters. The std-path, sys-path, and usr-path values must be one of the following: An absolute pathname (that begins with /) A pathname relative to the home directory (that begins with ~/) The hyphen (-) to indicate that the field does not apply to the service that the entry describes FILES
Database location configuration file RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: asort(1), cedit(1), cgen(1), phrase(1) Others: odl(5), sim(5) delim off cp_dirs(4)