Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert Seconds to hh:mm:ss
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert Seconds to hh:mm:ss Post 302289130 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 08:46:34 PM
Old 02-18-2009

Here's the method in the shell. It is easily converted to awk.

Code:
secs=${1:?}

h=$(( secs / 3600 ))
m=$(( ( secs / 60 ) % 60 ))
s=$(( secs % 60 ))

printf "%02d:%02d:%02d\n" $h $m $s

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to get number of seconds

How do I get the number of seconds since 1970, within a script, for the previous day at 23:59? I need this value to pass into a sql statement to cleanup records older than the previous day at midnight. It will be automated via cron so no hard coding allowed. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainzeb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seconds to hh:mm:ss

Any sleek way to convert seconds to hh:mm:ss format . I know it can be done by mod and divide . Looking for a one liner if possible . Example 3600 seconds = 01:00:00 3601 seconds = 01:00:01 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akrathi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Ticks in seconds.

Hello all, Is there any thumb rule or aproximation of the equivalence in second of one tick? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert seconds to time of day

Does anyone know of a way to convert "seconds" to time of day in "hh:mm:ss" ? Trying to do in awk with strftime but with no luck. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add time convert to seconds

Hi, What i am looking for and i am new to this too, is a bash script that will add time in the format hh:mm:ss and produce the answer in minutes or seconds. It needs to be a loop since there are hundreds of times in my file. This is data is from a CDR that calculates duration of time used. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trotella
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert duration of the process to seconds

Hi, I am looking to write a script to kill the process which are running for more than 7 days. So i have a command like "ps -eo pid,etime,args | grep -i xxxx" ( process which has xxx in it and running for more than 7 days needs to be killed ). When i exeucte the above command , i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fraction number and convert duration to seconds

Hi friends, I have a file with contents below: 01.m4a 00:14:45.82, 01.mp4 00:03:46.05, -659.770000 05.m4a 00:27:43.51, 05.mp4 00:27:45.10, 1.590000 06.m4a 00:11:39.73, 06.mp4 00:11:44.60, 4.870000 If 5th column value more than 3 or less than -3 then I should get its name (from first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a future date into epoch seconds on HPUX system

Hi All, I have scenario where i have to compare two dates. I thought of converting them to epoch seconds and do a numeric comparison. This works fine on Linux systems. $ date -d '2015/12/31' +%s 1451538000 $ date +%s 1449159121 But we don't have -d option in HPUX. What would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)