Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications PureFTPD - UnixAuthentication Post 302289121 by Sergiu-IT on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 07:23:15 PM
Old 02-18-2009
Java PureFTPD - UnixAuthentication

Hello, guys!

I have a web server that uses cPanel for management and I installed PureFTPD as FTP server. Everything works fine, except one small detail. I have another user that is not created by cPanel (I created it myself using adduser) and I want to be able to connect to FTP using this username. For doing this, on other servers, I set UnixAuthentication to yes in pure-ftpd.conf. I did it, I restarted the FTP server, but it still doesn't allow me to connect using that username. It gives me this message: 530 Login authentication failed.

If I try to connect using a username created by cPanel it works, but not with this username.

Any ideeas on where the problem could be located?

In case that it necesarely, the server runs on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE and the pureftpd version is 1.0.21_2.

CURLOPT_ACCEPTTIMEOUT_MS(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options				       CURLOPT_ACCEPTTIMEOUT_MS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_ACCEPTTIMEOUT_MS - timeout waiting for FTP server to connect back SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_ACCEPTTIMEOUT_MS, long ms); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long telling libcurl the maximum number of milliseconds to wait for a server to connect back to libcurl when an active FTP connec- tion is used. DEFAULT
60000 milliseconds PROTOCOLS
FTP EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ftp://example.com/path/file"); /* wait no more than 5 seconds for FTP server responses */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_ACCEPTTIMEOUT_MS, 5000L); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.24.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_STDERR(3), CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION(3), libcurl 7.54.0 March 06, 2016 CURLOPT_ACCEPTTIMEOUT_MS(3)