Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex/sed - matching any char,space,underscore between : and / Post 302289072 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 03:05:37 PM
Old 02-18-2009
Yes, the + means more characters in the same character class.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - print only matching regex

Hi folks, Lets say I have the following text file: name, lastname, 1234, name.lastname@test.com name1, lastname1, name2.lastname2@test.com, 2345 name, 3456, lastname, name3.lastname3@test.com 4567, name, lastname, name4.lastname4@test.com I now need the following output: 1234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: domi55
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing underscore with white space after comma.

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help.. I've used this forum a couple of times and I am back again now i've moved onto something more complex (for me!) I have some data which looks like: "AL1_1,AL1_1," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AE,AL1_1AE," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AG,AL1_1AG," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AJ,AL1_1AJ,"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed - add text to start of line if 1st char anything but space

Problem: I have a lot of files, the files first line should always have 4 spaces before any text. Occasionally some of the files will miss the leading spaces and it's a problem. This is only in the first line. So if there are 4 spaces then text, do nothing. If there are not 4 spaces, add 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blank space in regex pattern using sed

why does sed 's/.* //' show the last word in a line and sed 's/ .*//' show the first word in a line? How is that blank space before or after the ".*" being interpreted in the regex? i would think the first example would delete the first word and the next example would delete the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using of gsub function in AWK to replace space by underscore

I must design a UNIX script to monitor files whose size is over a threshold of 5 MB in a specific UNIX directory I meet a problem during the for loop in my script. Some file names contain spaces. ls -lrt | awk '$5>=5000000 && length($8)==5 {gsub(/ /,"_",$9); print};' -rw-r--r-- 1 was61 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scofield38
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: Pattern repitition regex matching

Fairly straightforward, but I'm having an awful time getting what I thought was a simple regex to work. I'll give the command I was playing with, and I'm aware why this one doesn't work (the 1,3 is off the A-Z, not the whole expression), I just don't know what the fix is: Actual Output(s): $... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, function of underscore char.

Hello Friends, I would appreciate so much if you could explain how the underscores works at the following code? Sorry if it sounds a bit novice question. awk -F',' 'NR==FNR{_=1;next}!_{print}' exclude infile KR, Eagle (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated address regex

I am trying to grep for a particular text (Do action on cell BL330) in a text file(sample.gz) which is searched in the content filtered by date+timestamp (2016-09-14 01:09:56,796 to 2016-09-15 04:10:29,719) on a remote machine and finally write the output into a output file on a local machine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbadveti
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a space with underscore in a file

i have a file with following data. { EqName "Tan 1" .... .... } { EqName "Sin 2" ... ... } I have to replace the value of EqName to Tan_1 and Sin_2 in file.Can i use sed or awk ? cat file|grep EqName|awk '{print $2 $3}'|sed -i 's//_/g' I tried with this but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag02
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex

I am trying to add word in last of particular line. the same command syntex is running on prompt. but in bash script give error."sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex" Please help. for i in `cat servername`; do ssh -q -t root@$i sed -i '/simple_allow_groups =/s/$/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
4 Replies
ISWLOWER(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       ISWLOWER(3)

NAME
iswlower - test for lowercase wide character SYNOPSIS
#include <wctype.h> int iswlower(wint_t wc); DESCRIPTION
The iswlower function is the wide-character equivalent of the islower function. It tests whether wc is a wide character belonging to the wide character class "lower". The wide character class "lower" is a subclass of the wide character class "alpha", and therefore also a subclass of the wide character class "alnum", of the wide character class "graph" and of the wide character class "print". Being a subclass of the wide character class "print", the wide character class "lower" is disjoint from the wide character class "cntrl". Being a subclass of the wide character class "graph", the wide character class "lower" is disjoint from the wide character class "space" and its subclass "blank". Being a subclass of the wide character class "alnum", the wide character class "lower" is disjoint from the wide character class "punct". Being a subclass of the wide character class "alpha", the wide character class "lower" is disjoint from the wide character class "digit". The wide character class "lower" contains at least those characters wc which are equal to towlower(wc) and different from towupper(wc). The wide character class "lower" always contains at least the letters 'a' to 'z'. RETURN VALUE
The iswlower function returns non-zero if wc is a wide character belonging to the wide character class "lower". Otherwise it returns zero. CONFORMING TO
ISO/ANSI C, UNIX98 SEE ALSO
islower(3), iswctype(3), towlower(3) NOTES
The behaviour of iswlower depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. This function is not very appropriate for dealing with Unicode characters, because Unicode knows about three cases: upper, lower and title case. GNU
1999-07-25 ISWLOWER(3)