Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simulation of wc command giving problems Post 302288844 by salman4u on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 06:05:14 AM
Old 02-18-2009
gosh! cfajohnson you did the operation of my whole program. Smilie
Thanks a lot! for pointing out the mistakes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

/sbin/zonename file giving me problems

I'm trying to install the recommended patch cluster on a x86 Solaris 10 box. I get this error: ERROR: /sbin/zonename cannot be found. install_cluster for 10_x86 patch cluster not applied. Exiting. I tried touching the file and it gave a different error of: expected argument.. anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

RLOGIN giving problems.

Hi, I am using RDIST to sync /interfaces directory between two systems say ukblx176 (source) & ukapx063 (target), but when i do rlogin ukapx063 from ukblx176 its asking for password (i dont want it to ask password). when i do rlogin ukblx176 from ukapx063 its doesnt ask for password. ukapx063... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
8 Replies

3. Solaris

^p not giving command line history.

I am used to using "set -o emacs" and then using "CNTL-P" for getting previous commands in solaris but on one host it does not work and instead just makes a DONG!! # ksh # set -o emacs # ls # ^p Can anyone offer guidance as to why this is? Thank you my friends. akbar (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

4. Linux

Terminal Execution By Giving a Command

Hi Guys, I am using Red Hat Linux 5 and GNOME Terminal is available there in the Accessories menu of Applications. But I don't see any run command option which can be used to type the name of the terminal and execute it directly as I used to do it under Mandrake Linux wherein I would type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

7. Linux

acroread command giving error

Hi, When I run the command acroread it is giving error ERROR: Cannot find installation directory. When I look at /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/ an exicutable file named acroread is there. When i run ./acroread from that directory it is working . What can i do so that I can give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote simulation and 'at' command

Hey, Task seems to be quite easy, but I'm still a bit green in shell scripting. I hope you can help me a bit. I have to run some simulation at the distance by remote terminal. Normally when I'm working on the server directly I just type: mpirun -np 8 compressibleInterFoam -parallel > log.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PiPrus
7 Replies

9. AIX

Lsof command giving while loop

Hello, There is a process in AIX which is actually a oracle database user session but is running very slow When I use lsof it give below output lsof /proc/21955180 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 Value of I :183 np:1024 Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies
MULTINODE_SERVER(1)						       MORSE						       MULTINODE_SERVER(1)

NAME
multinode_server - Server program to synchronise several instances of MORSE SYNOPSIS
multinode_server [synchronisation delay] DESCRIPTION
Socket server program to synchronise several instances of MORSE (nodes) running the same simulation scenario. This program must be started before launching the simulation in the nodes. All the client nodes will connect with the server and send it the updated positions of the robots they manage. The multinode_server program will concentrate the positions of all robots into a single Python dictionary, and then send it back to all clients. It also permits pausing the simulation, by typing in its terminal p and Enter. The same command will allow the simulation to continue. This mechanism relies on the fact that the clients will remain waiting for a reply from the server before continuing with the simulation. PARAMETERS
[synchronisation delay] Optional parameter that defines the delay (in seconds) between messages to the connected clients. A larger delay will slow down the simulation in all clients. Default value is 0.0 SEE ALSO
morse(1) morseexec(1) COPYRIGHT
2009-2010, LAAS-CNRS/ONERA ; 2010-2012, LAAS-CNRS 0.5.2 May 14, 2012 MULTINODE_SERVER(1)