Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding space to a filesystem
Operating Systems AIX Adding space to a filesystem Post 302288657 by homeyjoe on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 03:53:42 PM
Old 02-17-2009
Just as I thought, /lsrc is mirrored (as is all of the other normal filesystems except oracle11g). You can tell this by looking at the number of LPs (logical partitions) and the number of PPs (physical partitions). When a filesystem is mirrored the PPs will be twice what the LPs are. The mirrored physical partitions must be on separate physical drives. If you don't have any more disks to add to vg01 then you either have to shrink a filesystem or move it to a different volume group.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add space to filesystem in solaris

I need step-by-step on how to add more space to /apps in solaris. Currently df -hk: /dev/md/dsk/d40 15G 13G 1.6G 90% /app How much can I expand and how? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Increasing filesystem space

Now, i know a ufs file system can be increased using mkfs but hwo do I take space from a file system and add it to another file system? at my job here, that seems to be possible because I see request on it almost every day. what is the exact command to do this and does the system need to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. Solaris

free space, associated by filesystem name...

is there a command that will display amount of free space...associated by filesystem name? # df /home /home (/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 ): 8069326 blocks 487280 files HP has bdf: bdf /home Filesystem kbytes used ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

calculating the filesystem space

Hi, Just wanted to confirm that what Im doing is correct to calculate the space allocated to filesystem: >df -k . Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /test 48720000 9337904 81% 14846 1% /home The space allocated = 48720000/1024 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding a filesystem.

Hi All! I need to create a new filesystem /u01 , using the existing space and giving 100GB space to /u01. I can allocate 100Gb from / which is currently 145GB. Following is the screen shot of my df command. # df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Adding space to a filesystem

Hello, I am trying to add space to my existing system and I need a little assistance determining if I have any disk space available to allocate. Here is what I have: DISKS: Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dkranes
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Adding a filesystem to a running local zone

Is there a way to mount a filesystem from the global zone to the local zone without rebooting the local zone? I'm using a lofs filesystem.. any help is appreciated! thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem not using all available space in Logical Volume

I am running HP-UX 11.31 ia64. The /usr filesystem shows 7 GB as the size, but the logical volume that is mounted there shows 13 GB. Is there a way to get the entire 13 GB to show up and why did this happen in the first place? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: trojan28
11 Replies
gfs2_grow(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      gfs2_grow(8)

NAME
gfs2_grow - Expand a GFS2 filesystem SYNOPSIS
gfs2_grow [OPTION]... <DEVICE|MOUNTPOINT>... DESCRIPTION
gfs2_grow is used to expand a GFS2 filesystem after the device upon which the filesystem resides has also been expanded. By running gfs2_grow on a GFS2 filesystem, you are requesting that any spare space between the current end of the filesystem and the end of the device is filled with a newly initialized GFS2 filesystem extension. When this operation is complete, the resource group index for the filesystem is updated so that all nodes in the cluster can use the extra storage space that has been added. You may only run gfs2_grow on a mounted filesystem; expansion of unmounted filesystems is not supported. You only need to run gfs2_grow on one node in the cluster. All the other nodes will see the expansion has occurred and automatically start to use the newly available space. You must be superuser to execute gfs2_grow. The gfs2_grow tool tries to prevent you from corrupting your filesystem by checking as many of the likely problems as it can. When expanding a filesystem, only the last step of updating the resource index affects the currently mounted filesystem and so failure part way through the expansion process should leave your filesystem in its original unexpanded state. You can run gfs2_grow with the -T flag to get a display of the current state of a mounted GFS2 filesystem. The gfs2_grow tool uses the resource group (RG) size that was originally calculated when mkfs.gfs2 was done. This allows tools like fsck.gfs2 to better ensure the integrity of the file system. Since the new free space often does not lie on even boundaries based on that RG size, there may be some unused space on the device after gfs2_grow is run. OPTIONS
-D Print out debugging information about the filesystem layout. -h Prints out a short usage message and exits. -q Be quiet. Don't print anything. -T Test. Do all calculations, but do not write any data to the disk and do not expand the filesystem. This is used to discover what the tool would have done were it run without this flag. -V Version. Print out version information, then exit. BUGS
There is no way to shrink a GFS2 filesystem. SEE ALSO
mkfs.gfs2(8) gfs2_jadd(8) gfs2_grow(8)