Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Test File Reading & Validation using Shell script Post 302288638 by niraj_bhatt on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 03:15:28 PM
Old 02-17-2009
Hi Bips.

Can I request you to please add some comments so that It is more clear to understand ?

Did you cover all 6 Validation ?

Regards
Niraj Bhatt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in file validation by shell script

Hi I am new to this forum.I need a help in the following: We receve pipe delimited file with transaction ID,tran_date,Quest_cd,Ans_cd,ans_value. Same transaction ID can be repeated with different quest_cd and ans_cd. Basically I need to check if a perticular pair of quest_cd and ans_cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichakra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a file through shell script

There is one Text file data.txt. Data within this file looks like: a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql ..... ..... want to write a shell script which will access these values within a loop, access one value at a time and store into a variable. can anyone plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file reading through shell script

For reading a file through shell script I am using yhe code : while read line do echo $line done<data.txt It reads all the line of that file data.txt. Content of data.txt looks like: code=y sql=y total no of sql files=4 a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql cpp=n c=y total no of c files=1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script data & time validation

How to validate a date and optionly a time in shell scripting when i get the date and time as pararmeters that sent out with the call of the file? (in my case sh union.sh `first parameter ,second parameter...` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a property file through shell script???

Hi! i need a script that can read a property file. i.e., A script to read a "property" from property file. Read the property value and based on value of property, decide whether to start the some dataload activity or not. Its urngent. Can anyone help me out???:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while reading from a file in shell script

Hi All, I'm writing a script to read a file line by line and then perform awk function on it. I am getting an error . My file has one name in it "James". I'm expecting my o/p to be youareJamesbond James ./users.sh: line 7: =: command not found #script to read file line by line #adding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Shell script help reading from txt file

I need to write a C-Shell script with these properties: It should accept two arguments on the command line. The first argument is the name of a file which contains a list of names, and the second argument is the name of a directory. For each file in the directory, the script should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerce
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script reading file slow

I have shell program as below #!/bin/sh echo ======= LogManageri start ========== #This directory is getting the raw data from remote server Raw_data=/opt/ftplogs # This directory is ready for process the data Processing_dir=/opt/processing_dir # This directory is prcoessed files and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
4 Replies
ADSL-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     ADSL-SETUP(8)

NAME
adsl-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
adsl-setup DESCRIPTION
adsl-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the adsl-start, adsl-stop and adsl-connect scripts. AUTHOR
adsl-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-start(8), adsl-stop(8), adsl-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 ADSL-SETUP(8)