Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Solaris ethernet interface Post 302288629 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 02:59:52 PM
Old 02-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesquery
use the command

dladm show-dev
This command will show the interfaces.
this post is 1 and 1/2 year old. also "dladm" was allready mentioned... i'll close this post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

determine if a ethernet interface is up

Howto check if a ethernet interface is up? It's impossible to determine via the ipaddress i have learned, or? Can someone please give me a hint on howto do? Environment == Linux x86 GNU GCC. :D regards Esaia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the MAC adress in ethernet adapter for SUN

I have installed in the server a quad ethernet adapter, I'm using two interfaces with two different IP networks, both interfaces are connected to a switch, the switch report that is receiving the same MAC address in both ports so must of the times I have connectivity problems. Any idea to change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mono673
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to install ethernet adapter on Sun Sparc M4000

hi all, How to install onboard ethernet card on Sun SPARC M4000 server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SUN GIGABIT ETHERNET CARD

Hi, we have SUN Gigabit ethernet cards at the server, both have 2 lines connected but hiw can I found out which cable is on which port before I configure it: the cards has 4 ports , from right to left the cables are connected at the first right then 2 empty then the last at the left side. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manni2
1 Replies

7. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Need Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter CD or ixge driver

Hi, Does anybody have a "Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter installation CD" or driver ixge for Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCI-X adapter? I need it but can't find it anywhere. So if you know where I can download it or purchase it, please let me know. (Already tried Oracle's website, don't have it) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lhao
5 Replies

9. Linux

Issue with ethernet interface

hello, I have a Linux server with two interfaces eth0 and eth1. I configured two IP addresses from two different networks on 2 interfaces, and I connected both interfaces on two different switches. the IP address of eth0 is responding without problem to ping from equipment of its home network,... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
25 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
pcwl(7D)							      Devices								  pcwl(7D)

NAME
pcwl - Lucent/PrismII 802.11b wireless NIC driver DESCRIPTION
The pcwl 802.11b wireless NIC driver is a multi- threaded, loadable, clonable, GLDv3-based STREAMS driver. It supports the pccard and PCI/MiniPCI cards with the Lucent and PrismII 802.11b chipsets on x86 and SPARC. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
The pcwl driver supports 802.11b data rates of 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 (Mbits/sec). The default is 11. The pcwl driver supports BSS networks (also known as "ap" or "infrastructure" networks) and IBSS (or "ad-hoc") networks. For authentication type, the pcwl driver supports the "open" (or "open-system") mode and the "shared-key" mode. For encryption type, only WEP is currently supported. You perform configuration and administration tasks using the dladm(1M) and wificonfig(1M) utilities. FILES
/dev/pcwl* Special character device. /kernel/drv/pcwl 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/pcwl 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/pcwl 64-bit ELF kernel module (SPARC). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), wificonfig(1M), attributes(5), gld(7D) 802.11b Standard for Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) - IEEE SunOS 5.11 24 Jan 2007 pcwl(7D)