Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red hat 5. - PCL Printer
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Red hat 5. - PCL Printer Post 302288530 by sixstrings on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 01:34:55 PM
Old 02-17-2009
lpadmin -p printer_name -E -v socket://ip_addressSmilieort -L queue_name

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCL Font does not download to printer.

OS: HP-UX B.11.11 U Printer: HP 8150. I require a font to be downloaded to the printer and used. As documented the steps are: 1. Tell printer to accept font 2. Send the font to the printer 3. Make the font permanent 4. Select font for use or in PCL 1. <Esc>*c90D 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
0 Replies

3. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Creating a printer emulator to capture PDL/PCL data coming in on port 9100.

I have a number of Windows CE operator terminals. They have facility to print alarms/messages to ... aser or Inkjet (so they're using PCL). USB or IP. IP connection takes just the IP address. Question How could I create a service or daemon on a server to capture all this data?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: transistor
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies

9. SCO

Printing to a working network printer using PCL

I am trying to get a network printer to work that currently works from my Unix (5.0.7) server when printing text files only. When I try to print post script files like a PDF file I get all of the controls so I am not sure if I have my printer configuration setup properly in Unix The printer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies
XpGetPrinterList(3Xp)						 XPRINT FUNCTIONS					     XpGetPrinterList(3Xp)

NAME
XpGetPrinterList - Retrieves a list of all printers supported on an X Print Server. SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lXp [ library... ] #include <X11/extensions/Print.h> XPPrinterList XpGetPrinterList ( display, printer_name, list_count_return ) Display *display; char *printer_name; int *list_count_return; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies a pointer to the Display structure; returned from XOpenDisplay. printer_name Specifies the name of the printer for which information is desired. If NULL, then information is returned for all printers associ- ated with the server. list_count_return Returns the number of printers in the list. DESCRIPTION
XpGetPrinterList returns a list of printer records where each record describes a printer supported by the X Print Server, or NULL if any errors occur. If printer_name is NULL, then a list of all printers supported is returned. If printer_name is non-NULL, only print records matching printer_name are returned, and if no records match printer_name , then NULL is returned. printer_name is a COMPOUND_TEXT string, and the name and desc fields in the returned list will be in COMPOUND_TEXT (note, ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) is a proper subset of COMPOUND_TEXT, so can be used directly). If printer_name is in a code-set that the X Print Server cannot convert (into its operating code-set), then the X Print Server may fail to locate the requested printer. If printer_name is NULL, then all printer names, regardless of their code-set, can be returned, leaving the task of specific printer recognition up to the caller. When XpGetPrinterList is called, the caller's locale (see XpSetLocaleHinter) is included in the request as a "hint" to the X Print Server. If supported by the implementation, the X Print Server will use the hint to locate a localized description for each printer in the list. If the X Print Server cannot understand the hint, the X Print Server will choose a default. The returned printer list can be freed by calling XpFreePrinterList. The XPPrinterList structure defined in <X11/extensions/Print.h> contains: typedef struct { char *name; /* name */ char *desc; /* localized description */ } XPPrinterRec, *XPPrinterList; DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Insufficient memory. SEE ALSO
XpFreePrinterList(3Xp), XpSetLocaleHinter(3Xp) X Version 11 libXp 1.0.0 XpGetPrinterList(3Xp)