Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vgchgid missed one disk
Operating Systems HP-UX vgchgid missed one disk Post 302288428 by vbe on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 08:26:54 AM
Old 02-17-2009
Never had the use for the command... sorry
At the time it was designed for EMC sysmmetrix... later you could use it on a set of disks which are not EMC Symmetrix BCVs using the -f option as the first argument on the command line, the type of underlying disc type will not be checked. It may be worth trying again with -f ...

Anyway knowing what you were trying to do may help us understand you issue or is it
a guess since you started with "suppose"

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

asked question about script before missed ansewr..

linux fedora core2 :) i am trying to write a script to clear, date, pwd and tty a linux termnal or konsole.. when I test the tty against $0 i am, getting a premission denied on the terminal that I am trying to printf to.. I tried using an awk command, test condition, an if then fi clause, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
6 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. Linux

Apache folder missed

Hi, I am confused on apache service. Please advice me There is no apache directory in my linux box. Even I cant find out httpd.conf file also. But If browse my Hostname in Internet Explor, I can able to apache service there. Please How it is working .. This file is available in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find missed numbers

I have a file as follows: 1 3 7 12 78 ... 999998 1000000 I want to find out all numbers not in the file above and put into another file like 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
13 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)						     SG3_UTILS							SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)

NAME
sg_emc_trespass - Changes ownership of a LUN from another Service-Processor to this one. SYNOPSIS
sg_emc_trespass [-d] [-hr] [-s] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_emc_trespass sends an EMC-specific Trespass Command to the DEVICE with the selected options. This Mode Select changes the ownership of the LUN of the device from another Service-Processor to the one the command was received on. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d outputs some extra debug information associated with executing this command -hr Sets the 'Honor Reservation' bit in the command. If set, the trespass will only succeed to change the ownership from the Peer SP if the Peer SP does not have an outstanding SCSI reservation for the LUN. By default, the reservation state will be ignored. -s Send the short version of the trespass command instead of the long version. The short version is supported on the EMC FC5300, FC4500 and FC4700. The long version (default) is supported on the CLARiiON CX and AX family arrays. -V print out version string then exit. In the 2.4 series of Linux kernels the DEVICE must be a SCSI generic (sg) device. In the 2.6 series block devices (e.g. SCSI disks and DVD drives) can also be specified. For example "sg_start 0 /dev/sda" will work in the 2.6 series kernels. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_emc_trespass is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Lars Marowsky-Bree, based on sg_start. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Lars Marowsky-Bree, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)