Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: checking entries one by one
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting checking entries one by one Post 302288373 by taran on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 05:06:12 AM
Old 02-17-2009
is that all content of that file?

use md5sum to check

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking a connection

Hello, Is it possible to check if a host is accepting connections on a particular port using a shell script? Can't we automate telnet to check for the same? Thanks in advance Azmath H Shaik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking entries between files

I need to write a script for: I have two files where I need to check entries and sort of compare: file1: data01 data02 data03 data04 data05 . . . data81 file2: /vol/vx/data01 /vol/vx/data02 /vol/vx/data03 /vol/vx/data04 /vol/vx/data05 . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: za_7565
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking for non-zero value

I have a process that spits out a file called sqlplus.out, here is what the result looks like: Currently the value you see is zero, what I need to do is perform an action if that value is non-zero, so how do I check that value in an if statement? If it helps at this moment in development the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

string checking

please help me providing the code of checking a string pure numeric or not and pure alphanumeric or not (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string checking

lets think str is a variable...how can i check it is pure alphabetic or not for numeric checking i have used echo $str|grep -v ] but the command echo $str|grep -v ] is not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking a file

I have a file as shown below: %( PHASES P %) %( SOURCES (10,0.0) (13,0.0) (16,0.0) (19,0.0) (22,0.0) (25,0.0) (28,0.0) (31,0.0) (34,0.0) (37,0.0) (40,0.0) (43,0.0) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Checking Bits

Hi, would some kindly explain what is mean by BITS in forum saving bits,checking bits etc. and what it is for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File checking

Hi, I have to check file is available in particular directory. if ( -d $dir ){ print "It will say that is dir "; else print "It will say that is not dir"; } Not like this. I want to check that dir having files or not ? Please advice Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

9. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)