Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML Handler in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML Handler in perl Post 302288331 by Yogesh Sawant on Tuesday 17th of February 2009 02:44:55 AM
Old 02-17-2009
duplicate post, someone (from the mods) close it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml parser in perl

hi all i want to read xml file in perl i am using XML::Simple for this. i am not getting how to read following file removing xml file due to some reason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML:Parser help

I am very new to XML. Really I have an excel file that I am trying to read w/ Perl on a Linux machine. I don't have a mod for reading excel files so I have to convert the excel file to xml to be able to read it. I can read the file and everything is ok except...the Number style is being dropped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl & XML... Need help.

In the case that there are two cells under one row, I can only read the first cell. If anyone thinks they know how to deal with this please let me know. XML code: <Row> <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Loved</Data></Cell> <Cell ss:Index="3"><Data ss:Type="Number">3.0</Data></Cell> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a file handler and an array from Perl to Shell Script

Hi there, I am trying to call a shell script from a Perl script. here is the code: @args = ("sh", "someshellprg.sh", "a file handler", "an array"); system(@args) == 0 or die "system @args failed: $?"; in the shell program, I examine if the arguments exits using: if then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + xml

Hi there, I have need create and read (Handle) XML in perl, a lib with oop support. are you can present suitable library for this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Problems with Signal Handler

I have a problem with signal handlers not working. I have a long 1000 line code and somehow this code for signal handling is not working: $SIG{INT} = \&interrupt; sub interrupt { print STDERR "Caught a control c!\n"; exit; # or just about anything else you'd want to do } Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Signal Handler

I was working on some Perl code that does signal handling and I came across this one liner and wasn't sure what it was doing. local $SIG{__DIE__} = sub {$! = 2; die $_;}; I think the first part of the anonymous subroutine is setting $! to 2, but I am not sure what the second part is doing. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
1 Replies

9. Programming

Perl and XML Parsers

Hi, Am pretty new for perl scripting and confused how to use XML Parser.. I just want to know how to use perl and XML parser.. The scenario is when i execute a command, it will generate a XML file.. From that XML file generated i need to grep for specific term that has HTML TAG say... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies
XkbSARedirectSetVMods(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					  XkbSARedirectSetVMods(3)

NAME
XkbSARedirectSetVMods - Sets the vmods0 and vmods1 of act from v SYNOPSIS
void XkbSARedirectSetVMods (XkbRedirectKeyAction act, unsigned int v); ARGUMENTS
- act action in which to set vmods - v new value for virtual modifiers DESCRIPTION
Actions associated with the XkbRedirectKeyAction structure generate KeyPress and KeyRelease events containing a keycode different from the key that was pressed or released. The type field for the XkbRedirectKeyAction structure should always be XkbSA_RedirectKey. Key presses cause a KeyPress event for the key specified by the new_key field instead of the actual key. The state reported in this event reports the current effective modifiers changed as follows: any real modifiers selected by the mods_mask field are set to corresponding values from the mods field. Any real modifiers bound to the virtual modifiers specified by the vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields are either set or cleared, depending on the correspond- ing values in the vmods0 and vmods1 fields. If the real and virtual modifier definitions specify conflicting values for a single modifier, the real modifier definition has priority. Key releases cause a KeyRelease event for the key specified by the new_key field instead of the actual key. The state for this event con- sists of the effective keyboard modifiers at the time of the release, changed as described previously. The XkbSA_RedirectKey action normally redirects to another key on the same device as the key that caused the event, unless that device does not belong to the input extension KeyClass, in which case this action causes an event on the core keyboard device. (The input extension categorizes devices by breaking them into classes. Keyboards, and other input devices with keys, are classified as KeyClass devices by the input extension.) The vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields actually represent one vmods_mask value. Xkb provides macros to convert between the two formats. XkbSARedirectSetVModsMask sets the vmods0 and vmods1 of act from v. STRUCTURES
typedef struct_XkbRedirectKeyAction { unsigned char type; /* XkbSA_RedirectKey */ unsigned char new_key; /* keycode to be put in event */ unsigned char mods_mask; /* mask of real mods to be reset */ unsigned char mods; /* mask of real mods to take values from */ unsigned char vmods_mask0; /* first half of mask of virtual mods to be reset */ unsigned char vmods_mask1; /* other half of mask of virtual mods to be reset */ unsigned char vmods0; /* first half of mask of virtual mods to take values from */ unsigned char vmods1; /* other half of mask of virtual mods to take values from */ } XkbRedirectKeyAction; X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XkbSARedirectSetVMods(3)