Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use grep result to execute next command Post 302288219 by iririr on Monday 16th of February 2009 06:06:17 PM
Old 02-16-2009
So far I have

Code:
      7 while [ 1 ]
      8 do
     10    myvar= fgrep -c 'Started in' jboss_log.txt
     12    echo $myvar
     14   if [ $myvar==1 ]
     15   then
     16       echo "JBoss was launched successfully"
     17         break
     18       fi
     19       sleep 1
     20     done

But the if statement is always true even thou line 12 prints 0.
Can anyone tell me why?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign subst|grep|sed command result to a variable

Hi, I'm quite new to scripting and I want to modify following line of an existing script: MYVAR=`subst |grep 'L:\\\:' | sed -e 's/.*\\\//'`; What I have to do is to use the content of a variable instead of the constant expression 'L:\\\:' as the grep string to be matched. Assuming I already... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbiker99
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get execute result of su

I wrote a shell script. su user << EOF some commands result=$? EOF echo $result Other program determined by $result It outputs nothing. How to pass the variable 'result' "inside su" to "outside su"? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute grep command within a folder

Experts, i need your help to made an enhance query using the existing one. i'm using a command "find . -exec grep -l 'search string' {} \;" to search a particular sting within the file within a folder. Basically, my idea is to fine tune my search. What i want is, instead of searching all files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gav_dhiman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If the grep command returns any result set

my intension is to use a grep command inside the shell script and if any row is returned or not.. depending on the resultset i have to code on further. how to check this i mean.. could anyone help me out with the if condition how to use it here !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash - CLI - grep - Passing result to grep through pipe

Hello. I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name are exactly 2 characters long and not more than 2 characters and begin with "nv" lsmod | (e)grep '^nv???????????? I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name begin with "nv" and are 2 to 7 characters long ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different cmd to execute and based on some pattern parse it and then store result in xlx format

Hi I have a different requirement, I need to run some application on my device from a file app_name.txt one by one which is like this: /usr/apps/email /usr/apps/message /usr/apps/settings after each app while it is running I need to execute again one cmd like ps -ef |grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Roy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep result from dd command

Hi, I am running following command in a bash script for testing IO and use grep to get throughput number, but it did not work, it displayed everything: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync | grep bytes | awk '{print $7}' 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 536870912 bytes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command and show result in web page

Hi everyone, I have two question 1- I want to execute command in shell and after execution result show in a web server. (kind of making UI ) e.g. in shell root ~: show list item1 item2 item(n)in web server in a page draw a table and show those items in itno | name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)