Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to disable the clearing of the first page when executing screen tool Post 302287853 by saad26 on Sunday 15th of February 2009 11:30:54 PM
Old 02-16-2009
Hi Odys,

Thanks for your reply. I basically have already tried to use script tool, but I have faced another problem as the terminal settings used to get lost when I started the script command.

Regards,
Saad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: clearing the screen

I would like to clear the screen in perl scripts without having to use system(). Is there a way to do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell program from a web page

Hi, I am looking for a cgi-script which runs a shell script from a web page. When I click "Run" from a web page it should run the shell commands in an textarea and results should get back to web page. Thanks Venkat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatritch
5 Replies

3. Programming

Clearing screen in Python using curses?

Hi guys, I've got the following code for clearing the screen in my Python shell using curses: import curses scrn = curses.initscr() scrn.clear() However, upon execution, my shell crashes. Would appreciate a pointer in the right direction. Thanks. :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadistik_exec
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing part of screen in Korn Shell

Hi, I am writing a menu driven Korn script where I am getting some input from the users (host details, like Hostname, HBA WWN, Devices etc...). I face a challenge when the number of input lines goes past my window size. For this reason, I am planning to use a part of the screen for user input, say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasko
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch the user before executing a shell script from web page??

hi, i want to execute a shell script as a different user. the flow is like this. there is a html web page from which i have to call a shell script. web server is apache. to call the shell script from html page, a perl script is required. so the html page calls the perl script and the perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disable Solaris Gnome 3 screen blanker

One of the more annoying features of the Gnome 3 desktop in Solaris 11 is its insistence on blanking the screen after five minutes of inactivity. And for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it top doing that. I'm running it in a VNC viewer so the host PC can take care of screen... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
1 Replies
SCREEN-IR(1)							   Axel Beckert 						      SCREEN-IR(1)

NAME
screen-ir -- Interactively Reattach to GNU Screen sessions SYNOPSIS
screen-ir [additional screen options ...] DESCRIPTION
screen-ir uses iSelect(1) to interactively reattach to running screen sessions. Use the screen option -d or -D if you want to reattach to attached screen sessions. Use the screen option -x if you want to attach to screen sessions without detaching them. FILES
screen-ir sources ~/.screen-irrc if it exists. It recognizes two variables: The contents of SCREEN_OPTIONS is given to screen(1) as command-line options. Default is -r. Use e.g. -rd if you always want to reattach to already attached screen sessions. The contents of ISELECT_OPTIONS is given to iselect(1) as command-line options. Default is empty. Use e.g. -f if you always want to see the interactive selection, even if there's only one screen session running, i.e. you have no choice. AUTHOR
Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> SEE ALSO
screen(1), iselect(1) EN
2011-09-04 SCREEN-IR(1)