Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional reverse of certain file line order Post 302287805 by Franklin52 on Sunday 15th of February 2009 04:43:01 PM
Old 02-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlrookie
Hi again,
1 last thing
I know in perl the 1st field of an array is [0], is this different in awk?
Or did I miss something?
You have [1] as the 1st array. Im just trying to learn more.

thx
The split function of awk splits a field into an array and the first index of the array = 1.
You can find some awk and perl tutorials at this link:

https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...tutorials.html

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a file in reverse order

I a file with log entries... I want to sort it so that the last line in the file is first and the first line is last.. eg. Sample file 1 h a f 8 6 After sort should look like 6 8 f a h 1 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line in reverse order from file

dear all i want to read 5th no of line from last line of file. kindly suggest me possible ways. rgds jaydeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file in reverse order of another file

Hi, I have a requirement where i need to write a script to create the new file from the given input file with the data in reverse order (bottom to top) Sample data: Input File-------------- Java VB Oracle Teradata Informatica Output file:----------------- Informatica Teradata Oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to manipulate first column and reverse the line order in third and fourth column?

How to manipulate first column and reverse the line order in third and fourth column as follws? For example i have a original file like this: file1 0.00000000E+000 -1.17555359E-001 0.00000000E+000 2.00000000E-002 -1.17555359E-001 0.00000000E+000 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max Well
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I list the file under a directory both in alphabetical and in reverse alphabetical order?

How can I list the file under current directory both in alphabetical and in reverse alphabetical order? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get fields in reverse order?

i am having lines like below seperated by "|" (pipe) abc|xyz 123|567 i have to get the above in reverse order xyz|abc 567|123 Pls help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print in reverse order

Hi, I want to print the item in reverse order such that the output would look like 00 50 50 23 40 22 02 96 Below is the input: 00 05 05 32 04 22 20 69 Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Reverse the order of a list of file names (but not sort them alphabetically or numerically)

Hello all, I have a list of file names in a text document where each file name consists of 4 letters and 3 numbers (for example MACR119). There are 48 file names in the document (they are not in alphabetical or numerical order). I would like to reorder the list of names so that the 48th name is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a summary file of all files in a directory sorted in reverse alphabetical order.?

I have an interactive script which works terrific at processing a folder of unsorted files into new directories. I am wondering how I could modify my script so that( upon execution) it provides an additional labelled summary file on my desktop that lists all of the files in each directory that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies
DROPLANG(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					       DROPLANG(1)

NAME
droplang - remove a PostgreSQL procedural language SYNOPSIS
droplang [ connection-option... ] langname [ dbname ] droplang [ connection-option... ] [ --list ] [ -l ] dbname DESCRIPTION
droplang is a utility for removing an existing programming language from a PostgreSQL database. droplang can drop any procedural language, even those not supplied by the PostgreSQL distribution. Although backend programming languages can be removed directly using several SQL commands, it is recommended to use droplang because it performs a number of checks and is much easier to use. See DROP LANGUAGE [drop_language(7)] for more. OPTIONS
droplang accepts the following command line arguments: langname Specifies the name of the backend programming language to be removed. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies from which database the language should be removed. The default is to use the database with the same name as the current system user. -e --echo Display SQL commands as they are executed. -l --list Show a list of already installed languages in the target database. droplang also accepts the following command line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as. -w --no-password Never issue a password prompt. If the server requires password authentication and a password is not available by other means such as a .pgpass file, the connection attempt will fail. This option can be useful in batch jobs and scripts where no user is present to enter a password. -W --password Force droplang to prompt for a password before connecting to a database. This option is never essential, since droplang will automatically prompt for a password if the server demands password authentica- tion. However, droplang will waste a connection attempt finding out that the server wants a password. In some cases it is worth typing -W to avoid the extra connection attempt. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters This utility, like most other PostgreSQL utilities, also uses the environment variables supported by libpq (see in the documentation). DIAGNOSTICS
Most error messages are self-explanatory. If not, run droplang with the --echo option and see under the respective SQL command for details. Also, any default connection settings and environment variables used by the libpq front-end library will apply. NOTES
Use createlang(1) to add a language. EXAMPLES
To remove the language pltcl: $ droplang pltcl dbname SEE ALSO
createlang(1), DROP LANGUAGE [drop_language(7)] Application 2010-05-14 DROPLANG(1)