Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command to run multiple commands from a file. Post 302287733 by Corona688 on Sunday 15th of February 2009 12:09:45 PM
Old 02-15-2009
777 means 'full permissions'. anyone has permission to read, write, or execute the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I use history command to run previous commands?

Hi, I can use history command in unix to view my last 50 commands. But how can I run the previous commands easily? Can history command help? Firebird (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple command in single command?

Dear Unix Guru, I have several directories as below /home/user/ dir1 dir2 dir3 Each directory has different size. I want to print each directory size (Solaris command du -hs .) Can you please guide me how to achieve this? Thanks Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in $() without opening a new shell

The code below works, but takes too many lines and looks awkward: db2 "export to $filename of del select * from $table with ur"|tee -a $LOGFILE|awk '/Number of rows exported:/ {print $5}' > numrows.tmp numrows=$(cat numrows.tmp) rm numrows.tmp When I try the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akar_naveen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run command against multiple specific value in one file

Hi all, I am trying to create a shell script from solaris 10 server to run a command into multiple specific value in one file. The command is related to Oracle/Sun JES2005Q4 directory server. #this is the command, #from path /jes/ds/slapd-rldap1 ./ns-inactivate.pl -h mldap1 -p 389 -D... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
12 Replies

6. SuSE

Allow multiple users to run several root commands

I am using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (i586) and I had earlier ammended my sudoers file to allow users to become root user with "sudo su - " command Now I am trying to add multiple users to the sudoers file to run several commands such as restarting the server, restarting the nagios... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run multiple commands

Hi All, Is it possible to run second/multiple commands at a time in script before the completion/return of first command? Pls reply. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cns1710
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Run multiple commands in invoked program

Hi, I have coded a program in Haskell using the compiler Hugs and the program requires multiple commands (with parameters) to be entered into it, it then outputs the result of its execution. I need to test a lot of different options (i.e. the parameters) so it would be obvious to automate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tz742
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in ssh

Hi All, I have the below requirement. I want to copy the local file to remote after that i need to run the local script on a remote machine.When i use two ssh commnds i can achieve this. But i want to achieve this using one ssh command. Below command to copy the local file to remote ssh -q... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python script to run multiple command and append data in output csv file

Experts, I am writing a script and able to write only small piece of code and not able to collect logic to complete this task. In input file have to look for name like like this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) before sh iss neors. Record this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) in csv file Now have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
rc0(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    rc0(8)

NAME
rc0 - Runs command script executed when stopping the system SYNOPSIS
rc0 DESCRIPTION
The rc0 script contains run commands that enable a smooth shutdown and bring the system to a single-user state; run levels 0 and s. In addition to commands listed in within the script itself, rc0 contains instructions to run commands found in the /sbin/rc0.d directory. The script defines the conditions under which the commands execute; some commands run if the system is being shut down while others run if the system is being shut down and rebooted to single user. By convention, files in the /sbin/rc0.d directory begin with either the letter "K" or the letter "S" and are followed by a two-digit number and a filename, for example: K00enlogin K05lpd K60cron K30nfs In general, the system starts commands that begin with the letter "S" and stops commands that begin with the letter "K." The numbering of commands in the /sbin/rc0.d directory is important since the numbers are sorted and the commands are run in ascending order. Files in the /sbin/rc0.d directory are normally links to files in the /etc/init.d directory. An entry in the inittab file causes the system to execute the rc0 script, for example: ss:Ss:wait:/sbin/rc0 shutdown < /dev/console > /dev/console 2>&1 s0:0:wait:/sbin/rc0 off < /dev/console > /dev/console 2>&1 The following operations are typical of those that result from executing the rc0 script and the commands located in the /sbin/rc0.d direc- tory: Notify users that the system is shutting down. Sync the disks Stop system services and daemons Stop processes Kill processes Unmount file systems Invoke init if the system is being shut down to single user The killall command sends a SIGTERM signal to stop running processes; SIGKILL follows to kill all processes except the process which initi- ated the call. The umount -a command unmounts all file systems except the root file system. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the directory of commands that corresponds to the run level RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: init(8), killall(8), rc2(8), rc3(8), shutdown(8) delim off rc0(8)