Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Loud Sounds can slow down disk I/O Post 302287608 by Ankgne on Saturday 14th of February 2009 01:50:11 PM
Old 02-14-2009
great and it's an amazing discoverySmilieSmilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are there sounds in Mandrake

First of sll, i wan to apologize to all of the admin. or peoples who are noticing all of my posts today, Im at school and i really have nothing else to do, im in strudy hall and my teacher wont let me check my email, but any ways, i just remembered that I don't have any sounds in Mandrake like i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Playing wav-file sounds.

I would like to be able to shell out to the command line and play sounds. After installing "sox" I can now do this using the play command. Is there a way to stop the playing once it starts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newyorkpaulie
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check if the disk is slow

Hi, we have some Oracle DBs on a AIX server. We have the following error messages : Warning: log write time 540ms, size 5444KB *** 2008-05-14 10:19:02.686 Warning: log write time 1470ms, size 5533KB Oracle in LGWR Is Generating Trace file with "Warning: Log Write Time 540ms, Size 5444kb"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

5. Solaris

V20z terribly loud - firmware update?

Hello there! I am familiar with Linux, FreeBSD, but relatively new to Solaris. Because I wanted to play a little with servers and networks, I got a used SunFire v20z with AMD Opteron processors and installed OpenIndiana 151a8 on top of that. This is the first machine of this kind I have ever... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guru987
1 Replies

6. AIX

IBM P730 running AIX 7.1 (8231-E2B) - Fans spinning loud/max rpm?

We have a IBM P730 machine running AIX 7.1 in a properly air cooled server room. Just recently the fans on the unit kicked into overdrive, they are very loud and spinning at max. Typically this happens when the server first boots then they normalize. However for some odd reason, they sound... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
2 Replies
iscsi_discovery(8)					      System Manager's Manual						iscsi_discovery(8)

NAME
iscsi_discovery - discover iSCSI targets SYNOPSIS
iscsi_discovery <IP> [-p <port>] [-d] [-t <tcp|iser> [-f]] [-m] [-l] DESCRIPTION
Perform send-targets discovery to the specified IP. If a discovery record is generated, try to login to the portal using the preferred transport (-t flag specifies the requested transport type, TCP is the default). If login using a certain transport succeeds, mark the por- tal for automatic login (unless -m flag is used), and disconnect (unless -l flag is used). For iSCSI discovery to work, open-iscsi services must be running. i.e. iscsid should be up, and the iSCSI modules loaded. This is best accomplished by the init.d startup script. [-p=]port-number set the port number (defualt is 3260). [-d] print debugging information. [-t=]transport-type set transport (default is tcp). [-f] force specific transport - disable the fallback to tcp (default is fallback enabled). force the transport specified by the argument of the -t flag. [-m] manual startup - will set manual startup (default is automatic startup). [-l] login - login to the new discovered nodes (defualt is false). AUTHOR
Written by Dan Bar Dov REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <erezzi.list@gmail.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Voltaire Ltd. 2006. iscsi_discovery(8)