Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: convertion of a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convertion of a file Post 302287567 by danmero on Saturday 14th of February 2009 09:26:21 AM
Old 02-14-2009
Try this one.
Code:
awk '{gsub("-","",$4);gsub("[,|.]","",$5);printf "%s%013d%016d%010d%s\n",$2$3$4,$5,$6,$7,$8}' file

Use GNU awk (gawk), New awk (nawk) or POSIX awk (/usr/xpg4/bin/awk).

Last edited by danmero; 02-15-2009 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Add note

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ASCII to char convertion

I am writing the script to encrypt and decrypt content of the text file. How can I convert ASCII to characters and backward? I need it for Bourne shell script. Thanks::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woody
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

convertion

How to convert a .doc document to .pdf (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Character Convertion Help Needed

Could someone please tell me how to convert double byte charaters to single byte characters in HP-UX 11.11 without installing any applications? e.g. I have a double byte string below and I want to convert it to a single byte string ABCdef123 ABCdef123 I tried using the iconv command but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hex to Decimal Convertion

Dear all, I have a file like this. EE48 4473 7FC9 EE48 102C D23 EE48 4DD 27D EE48 0 0 EE48 3FFE 854 F230 DC6 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nayanajith
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

3 columns to 10 columns convertion

I have a file with three columns and I want to convert it to a 10 colum file i try thinks similar to awk '{printf "%8s%8s%8s",$1,$2,$3;if ( NR%4 == 0) print ""}' input > output but in this case doesn´t work because 10/3 = not an integer (excuse my non-native english) and thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloctavodia
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion from Exponential to Decimal

I am trying to read values from excel and perform some calculations but I am getting below error: expr 2.326227180240883E7 / 8.509366417956961E8 expr: non-numeric argument Can anyone let me know how do i convert thse exponential numbers to decimal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinnayyar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script database date convertion

Need assistance Below script get the output correctly I want to convert the date format .Below is the output . Any idea ? #!/usr/bin/perl -w use DBI; # Get a database handle by connecting to the database my $db = DBI->connect(... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)