Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korn Shell and Oracle
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn Shell and Oracle Post 302287537 by mynameisrahul on Saturday 14th of February 2009 03:50:18 AM
Old 02-14-2009
Hi Pareshan,

Try this approach.
This will generate a sql script from df command's output and then insert the data.

# --------------------------------------
server=`hostname` # Get server name in a shell veriable
sqlfile=$server.sql

df | awk -v serv=$server '
{print "insert into table1 values (~" serv "~,~" $1 "~,~" $6 "~," $2 "," $3 "," $4 "," $5 " );" }
' | sed -e "s/~/'/g" -e 's/%//' > $sqlfile

# In above command awk will generate insert statement from df's output
# Then first sed will replace all ~ with single quote
# next sed will take out the percentage sigh from the insert
# Now insert the data

sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOSQL
connect user/pass@sid
whenever sqlerror exit 99 -- If there is error, this sqlplus will exit with non-zero status
@$sqlfile
commit;
exit
EOSQL
if [[ $? -ne 0 ]]
then
echo "Error while running file $sqlfile .....Run ... panic .... investigate"
fi
# ------------------------------------------------

I do not have a Unix session at hand, so I haven't run this script and tested, but this will work. I have done this before.

Enjoy...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle To Korn Shell Array

I'm attempting to populate an array in ksh using the following command: set -A $(SELECT_INVOICE | sed '/^$/d') SELECT_INVOICE is a function that executes the SQL query. Problem: Some of the invoice numbers have alpha characters with spaces(example: OVEN MICRO). The Korn shell is treating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdst
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing Oracle Stored Procs from Korn Shell

Can someone tell me how to execute an Oracle Stored Procedure from a Korn Shell Script. Previously, I'm able to execute standard sql using the following:- The_Output=`sqlplus................. << EOF select count(*) from abc / ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinny_Mitchell
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Help for Using Oracle Cursors in Shell Script Korn

Hi, My Oracle Stored procedure returns sys_refcursor to shell script. I have to iterate through it in script and use those retrieved values further in my script. I am using K Shell Scrpting. Stored Procedure is: create or replace PROCEDURE p_test(job_id IN VARCHAR2, c1 OUT SYS_REFCURSOR)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Script to connect and query oracle database

I've been sent the following script to finish. It's supposed to connect to an oracle database, query it, and send an email if the query result value is one or more. Currently it isn't connecting properly, just giving the following error: ERROR: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackmorgan2007
2 Replies

10. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)