Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing text in a .csv file using Perl Post 302287423 by salemh on Friday 13th of February 2009 04:07:08 PM
Old 02-13-2009
Yes exactly.

I am running on Windows OS if that matters...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing commas with tilde in csv file.

hello all, i have a comma delimited file. i want to replace the commas in the file with the tilde symbol using sed. how can i do this? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: femig
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing characters in csv file

Hello all, This is my first post here, so please excuse me if this question is too obvious or has been asked before. I am new to Unix and although I tried to search your forum for the answer to my question, I could not find an answer that would help me. I have a 500MB csv file with numeric values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finwhiz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in a log file and saves as a new csv

Hello Im new here.I need to replace strings and change it into csv format, or at least saves the file as csv if that would work :p. Heres an example of my scenario 1) I have a log file, named abc.log, and its like a txt based file anyway, and the content looks like this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in csv file.

Hi, I have a problem.. 1) I have a file that contains the lines as below : VRF-TM_DummyLab/mse02.lab,mse02.lab,ge-2/0/7.222 VRF-EMS_HUAWEI_MSAN_208/mse01.lab,mse01.lab,xe-1/0/0.208 2) I need a method to read this file, line by line from :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msafwan82
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective replacing text using sed/perl

Hi, I have the following text which I want to search and replace using perl and sed. I would appreciate any help. Please notice the file contains schema name with a single dot and a double dot . &&WEBDIR_SCHEMA. and &&WEBDIR_SCHEMA .. } I would like to change it to the acutal schema... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format text to bold from perl script to csv

Hi everyone, is there any way in perl using which we can print the selective words in bold when we write the output to a csv file? Please find the example below 1. Filename: A 2. name age 12 3. city add 23 Line1 should only be bold. Outputs from other files being read in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replacing the comma in .csv file in unix

Hi All, Could some one help me on one of my requirement below: I have a sequential file with 4fields in it and it is a comma (,) seperated file. Delimeter is 'comma'. But in of the file column for ex: 3rd column it is 'Description' (column name) I am getting the values with commas.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay_s
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing comma with in double quotes in a csv file

Hello, I need to read a csv file and I am trying to replace a comma with a text DSEE?DSEE. Example Input "Chapter","NewTrains, "oldTrains","Delayed",10,"London" "Chapter","Newbuses,oldbuses","On Time",20,"London" Output "Chapter","NewTrainsDSEE?DSEE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatvani
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text in Perl given by command line

Hi I need to write a Perl script that the file given as first argument of the command line that will find all occurrences of the string given as the third argument of the command line and replace with the string given as the fourth argument. Name newfound file is specified as the second... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekoj
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

TEXT to CSV using Perl

Hi Folks Need some help with this and my Perl isnt the hottest I also have text::csv installed on my perl install The large text with a few million entries is in a format below example text file Fig Leafs Cake No: 0000001 Author: King s. Record No: 995-34343-232-232... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: messiah1
5 Replies
FINDSMB(1)																FINDSMB(1)

NAME
findsmb - list info about machines that respond to SMB name queries on a subnet SYNOPSIS
findsmb [subnetbroadcastaddress] DESCRIPTION
This perl script is part of the samba(7) suite. findsmb is a perl script that prints out several pieces of information about machines on a subnet that respond to SMB name query requests. It uses nmblookup(1) and smbclient(1) to obtain this information. OPTIONS
-r Controls whether findsmb takes bugs in Windows95 into account when trying to find a Netbios name registered of the remote machine. This option is disabled by default because it is specific to Windows 95 and Windows 95 machines only. If set, nmblookup(1) will be called with -B option. subnet broadcast address Without this option, findsmb will probe the subnet of the machine where findsmb(1) is run. This value is passed to nmblookup(1) as part of the -B option. EXAMPLES
The output of findsmb lists the following information for all machines that respond to the initial nmblookup for any name: IP address, Net- BIOS name, Workgroup name, operating system, and SMB server version. There will be a '+' in front of the workgroup name for machines that are local master browsers for that workgroup. There will be an '*' in front of the workgroup name for machines that are the domain master browser for that workgroup. Machines that are running Windows for Work- groups, Windows 95 or Windows 98 will not show any information about the operating system or server version. The command with -r option must be run on a system without nmbd(8) running. If nmbd is running on the system, you will only get the IP address and the DNS name of the machine. To get proper responses from Windows 95 and Windows 98 machines, the command must be run as root and with -r option on a machine without nmbd running. For example, running findsmb without -r option set would yield output similar to the following IP ADDR NETBIOS NAME WORKGROUP/OS/VERSION --------------------------------------------------------------------- 192.168.35.10 MINESET-TEST1 [DMVENGR] 192.168.35.55 LINUXBOX *[MYGROUP] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.6] 192.168.35.56 HERBNT2 [HERB-NT] 192.168.35.63 GANDALF [MVENGR] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.5a for IRIX] 192.168.35.65 SAUNA [WORKGROUP] [Unix] [Samba 1.9.18p10] 192.168.35.71 FROGSTAR [ENGR] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.0 for IRIX] 192.168.35.78 HERBDHCP1 +[HERB] 192.168.35.88 SCNT2 +[MVENGR] [Windows NT 4.0] [NT LAN Manager 4.0] 192.168.35.93 FROGSTAR-PC [MVENGR] [Windows 5.0] [Windows 2000 LAN Manager] 192.168.35.97 HERBNT1 *[HERB-NT] [Windows NT 4.0] [NT LAN Manager 4.0] VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
nmbd(8), smbclient(1), and nmblookup(1) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. FINDSMB(1)