Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is anything wrong with this command Post 302287276 by akhtar.bhat on Friday 13th of February 2009 06:55:58 AM
Old 02-13-2009
CPU & Memory Script to monitor IP's

Dear zaxxon,

Basically I need a shell script to monitor different IP's in the live logs.

The problem is I am new to shell scripting and dont know much about the scripting.

Look at the below line, the pattern will be always like this:

[2009-02-13 15:34:53,768] DEBUG - Start! PaymentGatewayFactory - getPaymentGateway (2, 100.00,Mohit Aggarwal,1942, 1,123.50.162.248, , 9821934958)

I want to extract the different IP's from this line every time when this kind of line adds to the logs.

Once the IP's are extracted and moved to another file, I want to compare them with previously existing IP's instantly and if the count of any particular IP will be more than predefined Value that IP should be Displayed on the Screen.
Hope you got, what is the problem ?
Please do help me in this matter.....

Thanks and regards,
Akhtar Bhat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with the mv command

I am sorry guys I have figured out the error myself. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr command giving wrong output

Hi All, i have a file which have many fields delimited by ,(comma) now i have to show only few fields and not all. the sample text file looks like this: TYPE=SERVICEEVENT, TIMESTAMP=05/06/2009 11:01:40 PM, HOST=sppwa634, APPLICATION=ASComp, FUNCTION=LimitsService, SOU... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what is wrong with this find command

i am trying to find the files which are more than 100MB and it was created 10 days ago. find /lola/loaded -size +102400 -mtime -10 -print | xargs ls -ltr -rw-rw-r-- 1 lola_adm gdrmp 82054170 Jun 23 06:17 /lola/loaded/ILMEMBER20090622.txt -rw-rw-r-- 1 lola_adm gdrmp 652080494 Jun 24... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this command?

Hello, I try to using the below command to find out all the datafiles under "sja" direcotory. $ xargs -i find {} -type f -ls < sja /bin/ksh: sja: cannot open so can you tell me what is wrong? Thanks Jerry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
3 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

7. AIX

Command last displays wrong hostname

I faced an interesting problem on my AIX servers. When I checked last logins with command last I saw that hostnames are wrong. Let say, I made login from workstation xxxxx and with the command last I saw: root pts/2 yyyyy 5 jan 15:38 still logged in Ping xxxxx and ping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovanni
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Last command displays wrong information

Hi am having Solaris10 - Sun-Fire-V890 server, the information displayed by Last command is wrong how do i get this sorted without loosing any datas.. # uptime 12:32am up 20 day(s), 33 min(s), 1 user, load average: 1.54, 1.82, 1.93 # last reboot reboot system boot Sat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with the following command?

Hi all, I'm trying to run the following command to get all files in one directory to another with the files' timestamps preserved, cp -p /logs/dvgbiau/batch/* /logs/dvgbiau/tmp_batch Note that ./batch and ./tmp_batch are two sub-directories under /logs/dvgbiau. The error was,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my awk command?

The below code usually works when the value for the COLUMN variable is numerical. but im in a situation where the number of fields in a file is not definitive. it changes. but what is static is that the value i want to retrieve from the log is 3 fields from the last field. which is what i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)