Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: directory -l filename perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting directory -l filename perl Post 302287089 by KevinADC on Thursday 12th of February 2009 06:18:38 PM
Old 02-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by millan
Thanks kevin.
Can u please give more idea about iwex with example.
I guess you didn't understand when I said: "I have no idea what that is though." Let me clarify..... I have never heard of iwex, I have no idea what iwex is, I can not give you an example of what iwex is or does.

Do you know how to use google? Try searching for iwex. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename in current directory

I want to perform a task on all the files in the current directory but I'd like to loop through them one at a time. How do I tell it to give me the first filename? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calgone337
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get filename from directory

hi find /home -type f -atime +5 shows me files like : home/test/aaa.txt home/test/bbb.html How can I get the file name I mean only aaa.txt and bbb.html (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading filename from directory

I am using the following code to read filename from the directory: for i in ` ls $inputDir | grep $partialName*.csv` do echo $i done But the echo is giving me the following: ls | grep cm_ctx*.csv instead of the full filename "cm_ctx_2009_07_15_17_18.csv" Any ideas anyone? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khanvader
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rename a filename in a directory?

Hi, I've got a large to task to do, which I've broken into three section. I'm just stuck on one of the sections. I have to change the end of a filename from .txt to .doc in a directory. So if I have a directory called "folder1" and two files contained in it called "file1.txt" and "file2.txt",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeddyP
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filename in the given directory

Hi , I have question for search the filename in directory. For example my DIR contains these files... testA123.txt testB123.txt testB345.txt testA345.txt i want to show the filenames which contains 'testA7'... Help me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse filename and one level up directory name?

Hello Experts, I need little help with parsing. I want to parse filename and one level up directory name. sample $1 will consists of /home/username/ABC1/rstfiles4.log /home/username/ABC4/rstfiles2.log /home/username/EDC7/rstfiles23.log /home/username/EDC6/rstfiles55.log... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename FileName in the Directory

In the Directory all the Files are following format. Filename_yyyymmdd_numbers.txt eg. file_name_20120106_015802.txt . I want to write the Shell script to rename all the file to file_name.txt.in the directory. Thanks Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff - filename and directory name are same

Hi, I have in the one folder file and directory that have same name. I need make diff from first directory where exists file in folder FOLDER/filename and second file where not exist folder, but FOLDER is filename. I use -N switch for create new file. Scripts report: Not a directory Sample:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the filename alone from a directory?

Hi All, As i'm new to this i need help. I want to copy all the filenames in a directory and also it should get arange in the order recent modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

put file in different directory according to the filename

Dear all, I would like to know how to move the downloaded files in differenent directories according to the name of the file? i.e. P10120111201_122013M.jpg P10120120101_122013M.jpg P10120120201_122013M.jpg The first 4 charactors "P101" is the station name, 4-8 means year "2012",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
5 Replies
MHEARD(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 MHEARD(1)

NAME
mheard - display AX.25 calls recently heard. SYNOPSIS
mheard [-d cmns] [-n] [-o cfpt] [-v] [port...] DESCRIPTION
Mheard displays information about most recently heard AX.25 callsigns, the interface upon which they were heard, the total packets heard, the time at which the last one was heard and other information. Mheard displays different information, in different orders depending on the settings of the arguments. Information on specific ports can be displayed by giving the port names as arguments. OPTIONS
-d cmns Sets the information that is displayed for each AX.25 callsign heard. The different arguments are: c Display all the information with regard to callsigns, from-callsign, to-callsign, port name, and any digipeaters that may be in use. m Display miscellaneous information, the from-callsign, port name, no frames heard, the last type of frames heard, and which different PIDs have been heard from that station. n Display the default information. This is the from-callsign, port name, no frames heard and the date and time last heard. s Displays statistics about the station heard, the from-callsign, port name, no I frames, no S frames, no U frames, time first heard, and time last heard. -n Supress the displaying of titles. -o cfpt Sets the ordering of the information displayed. The meanings of the different arguments are: c Sort list by from-callsign. f Sort list by number of frames heard. p Sort list by port name. t Sort list by the time last heard, this is the default. -v Display the version. FILES
/var/ax25/mheard/mheard.dat /etc/ax25/axports SEE ALSO
ax25(4), mheardd(8). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 19 August 1996 MHEARD(1)