Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to place selected columns from a group of files side by side in a new file Post 302286823 by ks_reddy on Thursday 12th of February 2009 03:00:59 AM
Old 02-12-2009
This command awk '{printf "\t", $2 }' did not work for me. I tried already. Can anybody explain the reason??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 text files to one text file side by side

Inquiring minds want to know.... I need to take two files that I have latitude and longitude values and then combine them into one file with the values side by side separated by a space. the first file is temp113-lat.txt and the second is temp113-lon.txt. They each have values listed in the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahinkebein
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 3 columns side by side

I know this is a stupid question for you guys! half day googling and i got nothing :( i have 3 variables/files, say: $X1 or file1: # there is one whitespace space after each line | 21 | 9 | 28 | 100 | 51 $X2 or file2: # there is one whitespace space... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amaulana
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Merge / combine / join / paste 2 text files side-by-side

I have 2 text files, both have one simple, single column. The 2 files might be the same length, or might not, and if not, it's unknown which one would be longer. For this example, file1 is longer: ---file1 Joe Bob Mary Sally Fred Elmer David ---file2 Tomato House Car... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cajunfries
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste two file side by side together based on specific pattern match problem

Input file_1: P78811 P40108 O17861 Q6NTW1 P40986 Q6PBK1 P38264 Q6PBK1 Q9CZ49 Q1GZI0 Input file_2: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing 3 files side by side based on similar values in rows

Hi I'm trying to compare 3 or more files based on similar values and outputting them into 3 columns. For example: file1 ABC DEF GHI file2 DEF DER file3 ABC DER The output should come out like this file1 file2 file3 ABC ABC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to merge multiple files side by side

I have about 100s of files of type text in a known directory. I want to merge all files side by side. Number of lines in all the files will remain same. For example file1 contains cat dog File 2 contains rat mat Output file should be cat rat dog mat Using awk I was able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents side by side of a file ?

Hi Team, I have input like Input file.txt Contents: Total: 939720704 bytes Total: 521142272 bytes Total: 262144 bytes Total: 786432 bytes Total: 9043968 bytes Total: 9371648 bytes I need out put like the content of file should be side by side.that is 1st line beside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two single column files side-by-side

Hi, I am looking for a sed/awk script to join two large (~300 M) single column files (one is sorted and the other is not sorted) side-by-side. I have a shell script but its taking ages to do the task so looking for an optimized fast solution. The two files look like: File1 (sorted) a1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two text files side by side

Hi everyone, I need to merge two files side by side The files look something like this: HOSTNAME fishtornado-K52F 127.0.1.1 UPTIME 20:17:01 up 2:19, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05 DISK USAGE (Size/Used/Avail/Use%) 29G 6.5G 21G 25% RUN QUEUE PID COMMAND USER ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FishTornado
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import 2 columns from 8 .csv files into pandas df (side by side) and write a new csv

I have 8 .csv files with 16 columns and "n" rows with no Header. I want to parse each of these .csv and get column and put the data into a new.csv. Once this is done, the new.csv should have 16 columns (2 from each input.csv) and "n" rows. Now, I want to just take the average of Column from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)