Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to identify the mode of the file in unix Post 302286810 by pludi on Thursday 12th of February 2009 02:15:07 AM
Old 02-12-2009
Just for clarification: the term "mode" in UNIX usually refers to the permission bits set (read/write/execute). What you mean would be the line termination style (DOS/Windows: \r\n, UNIX: \n, Apple: \r) or the file encoding.
To convert a file from DOS style to UNIX style, the commands suggested by rakeshou should work just fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how does unix identify C and other language code!

Hello everyone, this question is probably simple for you ppl but i am jus a beginner and still learing. i was wondering if someone could tell me that how does unix identify different program codes in it's environment. for example, unix recognises this C code in the body of any script. how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify a remote machine as windows or unix

Hi, I have a IP address of the target machine.Is there is any way to find out whether it is a unix box or windows box without logging into it?. Regs Anand (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u449064
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identify a customer under a UNIX server

Like many UNIX users, there is a small team that is connected to UNIX (under the same UNIX user) via putty from a Windows PC. Is there a way, once under UNIX, to know the address of the originating computer or anything that can differentiate initial users ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popescu1954
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

5. Programming

Unix system crashing - Need help to identify the issue

Hi, We are accessing our remote webserver using libcurl.We are using GET method to post the request.The request is a simplified URL.We will receive XML Response for the URL request. Problem For Few Scenarios, response for the URL request is received & our component is killed abruptly. Can... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: banus
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify issues through logging in unix

I am a newbie to unix and appeared for an interview and was asked this question. If i was working for a company as a support person on an application and has to monitor the logs how would i determine if there was outage by checking the logs and where would i search for the issue initially. and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenveerla
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to Identify long running unix processes

Hi All, Need an urgent help, I have a requirement to find long running unix processes.. I have tried the below commands, but not succeed. I need to arrange the unix processess in an order of elapsed time (high to low) that runs in a system. For Eg: Consider we have 3 processes, Pid 1 pid 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamedirfan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify whether the script is in Unix format or not ?

Hi All, I have the below scenario in my environment Developers used to copy file from windows to Linux box. Some time on the copied file developers miss to run the dos2unix utility. Because of this script gets failed during the execution. Most of the failures are due to the dos2unix format... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open a file in UNIX mode

hi, The function open(OUTPUT, ">$output_filename"); #opens the file in (DOS) windows mode. how to open the output file in unix mode. please suggest. thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify varying unique fields values from a text file in UNIX?

Hi, I have a huge unsorted text file. We wanted to identify the unique field values in a line and consider those fields as a primary key for a table in upstream system. Basically, the process or script should fetch the values from each line that are unique compared to the rest of the lines in... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manikandan23
13 Replies
FEYNMF(1)						    Contributed LaTeX Utilities 						 FEYNMF(1)

NAME
feynmf - Process LaTeX files using FeynMF SYNOPSIS
feynmf [-hvqncfT] [-t tfm [-t tfm ...]] [-m mode] file [file ...] feynmf [--help] [--version] [--quiet] [--noexec] [--clean] [--force] [--notfm] [--tfm tfm [--tfm tfm ...]] [--mode mode] file [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The most complicated part of using the FeynMF style appears to be the proper invocation of Metafont. The feynmf script provides a convenient front end and will automagically invoke Metafont with the proper mode and magnification. It will also avoid cluttering system font directories and offers an option to clean them. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a short help text. -v, --version Print the version of feynmf. -q, --quiet Don't echo the commands being executed. -n, --noexec Don't execute LaTeX or Metafont. -c, --clean Offer to delete font files that have accidentally been placed in a system directory by the MakeTeXTFM and MakeTeXPK scripts (these scripts are run by tex (and latex) in the background). This option has only been tested with recent versions of UNIX TeX. -f, --force Don't ask any questions. -T, --notfm Don't try to prepare fake ".tfm" files for the first run. -t, --tfm tfm Don't try guess the names of the ".tfm" files to fake for the first run and use the given name(s) instead. This option can be useful if our incomplete parsing of the LaTeX input files fails. -m mode, --mode mode Select the METAFONT mode mode. The default is guessed or "localfont" if the guess fails. file Main LaTeX input files. file ... Other LaTeX input files that are included by the main file. AUTHOR
Thorsten Ohl <Thorsten.Ohl@Physik.TH-Darmstadt.de> BUGS
The preparation of ".tfm" files is not foolproof yet, because we can parse TeX files only superficially. This script has only been tested for recent teTeX distributions of UNIX TeX, though it will probably work with other versions of UNIX TeX. The author will be grateful for portability suggestions, even concerning Borg operating systems, for the benefit of those users that are forced to live with DOS or Windows. FeynMF Version 1.08 2012-01-06 FEYNMF(1)