Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: directory -l filename perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting directory -l filename perl Post 302286807 by KevinADC on Thursday 12th of February 2009 02:04:21 AM
Old 02-12-2009
it looks like it runs the iwex utility and returns the results of whatever that utility does. I have no idea what that is though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename in current directory

I want to perform a task on all the files in the current directory but I'd like to loop through them one at a time. How do I tell it to give me the first filename? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calgone337
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get filename from directory

hi find /home -type f -atime +5 shows me files like : home/test/aaa.txt home/test/bbb.html How can I get the file name I mean only aaa.txt and bbb.html (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading filename from directory

I am using the following code to read filename from the directory: for i in ` ls $inputDir | grep $partialName*.csv` do echo $i done But the echo is giving me the following: ls | grep cm_ctx*.csv instead of the full filename "cm_ctx_2009_07_15_17_18.csv" Any ideas anyone? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khanvader
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rename a filename in a directory?

Hi, I've got a large to task to do, which I've broken into three section. I'm just stuck on one of the sections. I have to change the end of a filename from .txt to .doc in a directory. So if I have a directory called "folder1" and two files contained in it called "file1.txt" and "file2.txt",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeddyP
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filename in the given directory

Hi , I have question for search the filename in directory. For example my DIR contains these files... testA123.txt testB123.txt testB345.txt testA345.txt i want to show the filenames which contains 'testA7'... Help me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse filename and one level up directory name?

Hello Experts, I need little help with parsing. I want to parse filename and one level up directory name. sample $1 will consists of /home/username/ABC1/rstfiles4.log /home/username/ABC4/rstfiles2.log /home/username/EDC7/rstfiles23.log /home/username/EDC6/rstfiles55.log... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename FileName in the Directory

In the Directory all the Files are following format. Filename_yyyymmdd_numbers.txt eg. file_name_20120106_015802.txt . I want to write the Shell script to rename all the file to file_name.txt.in the directory. Thanks Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff - filename and directory name are same

Hi, I have in the one folder file and directory that have same name. I need make diff from first directory where exists file in folder FOLDER/filename and second file where not exist folder, but FOLDER is filename. I use -N switch for create new file. Scripts report: Not a directory Sample:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the filename alone from a directory?

Hi All, As i'm new to this i need help. I want to copy all the filenames in a directory and also it should get arange in the order recent modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

put file in different directory according to the filename

Dear all, I would like to know how to move the downloaded files in differenent directories according to the name of the file? i.e. P10120111201_122013M.jpg P10120120101_122013M.jpg P10120120201_122013M.jpg The first 4 charactors "P101" is the station name, 4-8 means year "2012",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
5 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: + $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-SHELL(1)