Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple script to modify kickstart file Post 302286670 by wakkadoo on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 05:08:39 PM
Old 02-11-2009
make kickstart has for network configuration

I've taken what you guys supplied and another post I found elsewhere and combined it with some sed to make it work the way i want it to. Put this at the end of your ks.cfg file in a %pre section and it will ask you for the network information:

%pre
#!/bin/sh

chvt 3
echo "--Static Network Configuration--"
echo -en "What is the IP Address? : "
read ip

echo -en "What is the Netmask? : "
read netmask

echo -en "What is the Hostname? : "
read host

echo -en "What is the Gateway? : "
read gateway

echo -en "What is the Name Server?"
read nameserver

line="network --bootproto static --ip $ip --netmask $netmask -hostname -host --gateway $ga teway --nameserver $nameserver"
751 ks="/tmp/ks.cfg"
752 sed -e "/^network/s/^network.*/$line/" $ks > ${ks}.tmp && mv ${ks}.tmp $ks

note: line, ks, and sed are all their own line
should read
line=
ks=
sed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to generate a log file

I've seen several examples of scripts in thise forum about having a script generate a log file. I have a script that is run from cron and that monitors a file system for a specfic filename(s) and then performs some actions on them. Normally I call this script from another script (which the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify a file using shell script

Hi, i am using SuonOS and ksh. i need to add data into a file(s.txt) using a shell script. i have to pass 3 parameters and these 3 paramaters should add into the file at end of the file. File s.txt is look like, --------------------------------- column1|column2|column3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syamkp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify a file of different username through script.

Hi ! All I want to write a script where, it will open a new shell with a username / pwd and modify a file of same username and exit. example: 1. UserA 2. UserB- FileB ScriptA -> su UserB -> Modify FileB -> Exit ScriptA Can somebody give me a direction , on how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to modify the contents of file using script

Hi, Can anyone pls let me know how can i modify the file contents thru script. Eg. I have file abc.dat that contains below lines Merge.resync.cycleFlag Merge.resync.logFlag Merge.resync.maxByteRate Merge.resync.maxSearch Merge.resync.rate Merge.resync.tickLog ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using shell script

Hi, I have a text file which is following format - COL VAL ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 ABC 5 My requirement is to search for a particular value (provided by user) in the file and comment the previous entries including that as well. E.g. If I search for number 3, then the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to modify file in several directories

Hi, I want a script shell to automate modifying httpd.conf file for several instances of apache, save httpd.file before changing it, after modifying it and then restart apache. - Replace ServerRoot "xxxx" by ServerRoot "yyyy" of all directories : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bras39
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify the test file by any script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0 12 3 6... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
YPSERV.ACL(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     YPSERV.ACL(5)

NAME
ypserv.acl -- ypserv(8) configuration file DESCRIPTION
The ypserv.acl file controls which hosts can connect to the YP server. The format is more complex than the format for securenet(5). The first two verbs on each line controls if the line will allow or deny access for a host, network (net) or all hosts. The YP server reads the configuration file and build a list in memory. This list is processed from the beginning for every incomming request. As soon a match is found in the list the search terminates and it returns success or failure depending on allow or deny. If no match was found in the list success is returned. If access is denied every call will cause a no such domain error for the caller. Don't forget to allow localhost access if you want the machine running ypserv access it too. There is no default name for this file. Start ypserv with a -a filename to read a file with this format. The following different syntax can be used: < allow|deny > host < hostname|ip-address > If hostname has more than one ip address then all will be added to the list. < allow|deny > net < netname|netnumber > [netmask <netname|netnumber>] If netmask part of the command isn't given then the netmask will be assumed to be a class A, B or C net depending on the net number. < allow|deny > all A line containing one of these commands will always match any host. EXAMPLES
A configuration file might appear as follows: # This is an example of an access control file to be used by ypserv. # # This file is parsed line by line. First match will terminate the check # of the caller. # ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a single host # # allow host <hostname|ip-address> # deny host <hostname|ip-address> # # To process hostname gethostbyname is called. If the hostname has # multiple ip-addresses all will be added (I hope). ip-address # processed by inet_aton. allow host localhost deny host jodie ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a network # # allow net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # deny net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # # To process netname getnetbyname is called, and inet_aton is used for # netnumber. inet_aton both access numbers as 255.255.255.0 and 0xffffff00. # # If netmask isn't given the parser will assume netmask from the first bits # of the network number. So if the network is subneted the you have to add # the netmask. In my case I've got the network 139.58.253.0 at home so too # allow any of my computers to talk with the server I need the following # line # allow net mojathome netmask 255.255.255.0 ########################################################################### # At last we have a command that will match any caller: # # allow all # deny all # # reject all connections deny all FILES
/var/yp/ypserv.acl A ypserv(8) configuration file. SEE ALSO
yp(8), ypserv(8), securenet(5) AUTHOR
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
July 2, 1994 BSD