Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cd/rw dvd/rw
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cd/rw dvd/rw Post 302286543 by wazzu62 on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 12:03:14 PM
Old 02-11-2009
Cd/rw dvd/rw

Dell workstation that has a DVD/RW that will write to DVD and CD in windows.
Running RHEL5.1 and using Nautilus CD burner application.
The drive will write to DVD but doesn't recognize blank CD-RW when inserted.

Any ideas how to write to DVD and CD?

Thanks,

Jon

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hp-ux 10.20 onto DVD ?

Hi, Is there a way to take hp-ux 10.20 data stored on dat tapes and burn them onto an hp100i DVD burner running NT ? thanks simon2000 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simon2000
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DVD To CD?

I've never used Unix before so I was kinda wondering... If i take out a DVD Drive on a Unix machine and replace it with a CD is it going to cause me any problems? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MechJerk
1 Replies

3. Solaris

CD or DVD?

Solaris 8.... I have a script that burns data to CD/DVD. Is there a way in the script to check if the disk in the CD/DVD drive is a CD or DVD? I thought maybe there would be an option with 'cdrw' but it doesn't look like it from the man pages. Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
BRASERO(1)						      General Commands Manual							BRASERO(1)

NAME
brasero - Simple and easy to use CD/DVD burning application for the Gnome Desktop SYNOPSIS
brasero [options] [uri] [uri] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the brasero command. rasero is a disc burning application. It is designed to be simple and easy to use. It allows to create data CD/DVD, audio CD, to copy CD/DVD and to burn images. It has some nices features, such as a song, image and video previewer. It can also search for files (thanks to beagle) and display a playlist and its contents. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -p, --project=PROJECT Open the specified project. -a, --audio Open an empty audio project. -d, --data Open an empty data project. -c, --copy=PATH Copy a disc. -j, --cover=PATH Cover to use. -o, --video Open a video project adding the URIs given on the command line. -i, --image=PATH Uri of an image file or a cue file to be burnt (autodetected). -e, --empty Force brasero to display the project selection page. -b, --blank Open the blank disc dialog. -k, --check Open the check disc dialog. -n, --ncb Open a data project with the contents of burn:/// URI. -r, --burn-and-remove-project=PATH Burn the specified project and REMOVE it. -g, --debug Display debug statements on stdout. --display=DISPLAY X display to use. -?, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
Brasero manual page was written by Philippe Rouquier <philippero@libertysurf.fr> and Luis Medinas <lmedinas@gmail.com>. GNOME
January 11, 2009 BRASERO(1)