Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how do i run java on Mandriva 2006 after installation? Post 302286539 by cbkihong on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 11:44:50 AM
Old 02-11-2009
As you did not tell us where you installed your jdk1.6, as you mentioned, how can we tell you what to add to your PATH?

Also, how did you install the jdk? Mandriva RPM or self-extract install from sun.com?

If you have forgotten where jdk is installed, and if you really think you have installed it, then "find / -name 'javac'" should come up with something.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Mandriva 2006 keeps resetting network settings...

I've been looking for documentation on how to stop this behavior. I have two nics in my system. eth0: configured manually and as a dhcp server for the local network eth1: configured w/ dhcp enabled connected to router dns server addresses keep getting reset every few minutes. i suspect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbetzen
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Java Installation

Hi Guys, I am new here, Currently i am having a problem. below is the information to my problem I have Java version 5 installed on my solaris box and currently there is a request to install java version 6 as well on the same box. Can i have 2 java running on the same box? If yes how do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinrockers
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installation of java on RHEL6

HI all, I am trying to install java on RHEL 6 in a vm. Can any one Help me How to install Java on RHEL6. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saisrinivas99
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Java Installation on s Solaris 8

I have installed java 1.6.0_31 on a solaris 8 machine by mean of the jre-6u31-solaris-sparc.sh file. The installation i think is allright infact if I run the java -version command it shows the right version but if i try to run the command java -jar Monitor.jar c (where monitor.jar is a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemme
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

java error during upgrade or installation of package

Hi, everytime I do "sudo apt-get " and install package or just upgrade I get the following error: sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

7. Programming

Java 7 installation problem

Hi, I am trying to install java7.6 on redhat 6.2 but got the below error message. In fact this error comes up for all the supported OS of JDK 7 and JRE 7. I am running this as root and I dont have any other Java version installed. # rpm -i jre-7u6-linux-x64.rpm Unpacking JAR files... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvk_vinoth
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Java installation: No version could be obtained

Hi , i am in mid of upgrading one of the java based application which requires higher version of java 1.8 from java 1.6, I have updated bash_profile and required environment variable correctly but still application unable to obtain the required version of java 1.8. here is my environment detail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)						   Java wrappers						  JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)

NAME
java-wrappers - capacities shared by java wrapper scripts DESCRIPTION
Most Java programs are not run directly, but through small shell scripts that take care of various things, such as finding a suitable java environment and looking for libraries. To ease the task of the maintainers, they rely on a library providing runtime detection, library detection and other features. This manual page describes the common features of all those scripts, and to which point you can configure them. This is mainly done via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
java-wrappers understands some environment variables: JAVA_CMD The java command that will be run. If this variable is set, it disables all lookup for a java runtime. JAVA_BINDIR Specifies a directory that will be looked for a java or a jdb executable (depending on the setting of JAVA_DEBUGGER). It has prece- dence over JAVA_HOME but not over JAVA_CMD. JAVA_HOME A path to a java runtime. If this variable is set, all lookup for a java runtime is disabled, except that if no java executable is found in the path, the command java is used. JAVA_FLAVOR A probably more easy-to-use version of the JAVA_HOME variable: instead of specifying the full path of the java runtime, you name it. List of available flavors can be found in the file /usr/lib/java-wrappers/jvm-list.sh. See examples below. JAVA_DEBUGGER If this is set, the wrapper will try to pick up a java debugger rather than a java interpreter. This will fail if the jbd of the runtime found is a stub. JAVA_CLASSPATH Additional classpath, will have priority over the one found by the wrapper. JAVA_ARGS Additional arguments to the java command. They will come before all other arguments. FORCE_CLASSPATH If this variable is set, it will be the only classpath. You'd better know what you are doing. DEBUG_WRAPPER This is probably the most important variable; if it set, the wrapper will print out useful information as it goes by its business, such as which runtime it did find, and which command is run eventually. JAVA_JARPATH The path where the wrappers will go looking for jar archives. If not set, the wrapper will look into the default directory, /usr/share/java. Warning : the wrapper will not look anywhere else than in JAVA_JARPATH. Setting it incorrectly will most probably result in early crashes. EXAMPLES
The examples all rely on rasterizer(1), from the package libbatik-java, but they really apply to all scripts that use java-wrappers. Print out debugging information: DEBUG_WRAPPER=1 rasterizer Limit rasterizer's memory to 80 MB: JAVA_ARGS=-Xmx80m rasterizer Force rasterizer to run with kaffe(1): JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/kaffe rasterizer The same, but using JAVA_BINDIR: JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/lib/kaffe/bin rasterizer Force rasterizer to run with openjdk: JAVA_FLAVOR=openjdk rasterizer Debug rasterizer with Sun's debugger, while printing debugging information from the wrapper: DEBUG_WRAPPER=1 JAVA_CMD=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/jdb rasterizer BUGS
Care has been taken to make the wrappers bug-free. If that was not the case, please file a bug report against the java-wrappers package. If you wish to submit any problem with a java executable relying on java-wrappers, please also submit the output of the command run with DEBUG_WRAPPER=1. It will save one mail exchange and therefore potentially reduce the time it takes to fix the bug. DEVELOPERS
There is currently no documentation about writing a wrapper script save the comments in /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh. If you have to write one, we suggest you base yourself upon, for instance, the rasterizer wrapper script, or any other one (just pick up any direct reverse dependency of java-wrappers and look for scripts). SEE ALSO
java(1), jdb(1) /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh AUTHOR
java-wrappers and its documentation were written by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> Version 0.1.16 2010-05-04 JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)