Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: difference b/w sol9 & sol10
Operating Systems Solaris difference b/w sol9 & sol10 Post 302286480 by incredible on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 09:15:21 AM
Old 02-11-2009
they're the same. booting procedures are the same for ALL Solaris OS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between Unix & linux

:confused: Hi All Can anyone help me in finding the answer of the question mentioned below. What is the difference between Unix & linux ? Thanks in Advance to all CSaha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between ./ & . ./ ???

For executing a shell script, i know 2 ways: 1) using sh command 2) making the script file executable & then use ./ But i can across another way for executing the scripts... using ". ./" I tried this way.. but i was able to understand the difference between "./" and ". ./" I would be very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abishekmag
2 Replies

4. Solaris

DHCP on Sol9

I have a SF v240 running Solaris 9 and DHCP server service. Anybody show me how to configure a Windows XP/2000 DHCP client. Thanks in advanced. Tinh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinhlx
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between && and -a

I've come stuck when I was making sure the hour of the day was not been two times so that the rest of the script could not be executed. Seems simple enough. I used the -a to join the two conditions together and it would run if the conditions was t/f ( it is only supposed to run if was t/t).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spookyrtd99
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Interfaces Sol9

this is more of a curious question. I have a jumpstart server i imaged from a laptop. And in /etc/there are multiple hostname.ce0:1-2-3 etc.. entries. in that file each one has name similar to this jumpr_koc jumpr_poc etc.. Also i noticed my netmasks file has all the subnets we use. and finally my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Difference between s & S in setuid in UNIX

Hi, what is the difference btwn s and S in setuid , access permissions. I have to make to change the access permissions of a file to rwsr_xr_r but if i type in 4655 it changes the file to rwSr_xr_r . How can I make this change ? Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astha rais
2 Replies

8. Linux

What is the difference between flavour & distribution.

Hi All, Can anyone tell me the difference between flavour & distribution? As we say that - AIX, Linux, Solaris etc are the flavours of Unix & fedora, ubuntu, suse etc are the distributions of linux. Can anyone explain me, why it is called so. Thanks in advance. Amol (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between & and nohup &

Hi All, Can anyone please help me understanding what the difference between the below two? 1. script.sh & 2. nohup script.sh & (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)