Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl printing error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl printing error Post 302286474 by JerryHone on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 08:58:07 AM
Old 02-11-2009
Your output is inside the "foreach $line(@du)" loop, so if @du has two elements, you'll get the output twice.

HTH

Jerry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing an empty line in a file (perl)

I know this must be really easy, but i can't get it to work I've got a perl script, with a file. I want to print an empty line, and the following doesn't seem to work: print nameoffile "\n" thanks for your help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl, printing a string into columns

How can I use Perl to a take a string of 10 characters and print the last five characters of the string in columns 1-5 and the first five in columns 6-10? Result: 0123456789 5 0 6 1 7 2 8 3 9 4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in printing a sql query in perl

Hi All, I have the following sql query select abcd from udbadm.log where xyz='1'. I have 16k queries similar to this with different values for xyz. I want to print the values of 'abcd' for each row. I have the following perl code, but not sure how i can print that particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Printing - Scalars

Hey Guys, I have some weird problem with printing scalars ... When I'm executing script both are printing in terminal ... But only one is printed to the file ? I don't know whats going on .. :) Btw .. I'm noobie :) took me lots of time to put this simple script together :) Thank you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - printing a hash of hashes to screen

Hi there I have a hash of hashes made up of the following data bge0|100|half|10.36.100.21 bge1|1000|full|10.36.100.22 bge2|1000|full|10.36.100.23 which when i turn into a hash, would look like this inside the system bge0 -> nic_speed -> 100 nic_duplex -> half ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing between 2 matches with Perl

Can we please modify this perl one-liner to print lines between pattern1 and pattern2 in a file? Currently it prints lines till pattern2. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand_bh
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Perl - Retrieving and Printing Security Token

My script below is supposed to log in to my vB account on any vB forum I'm registered on and retrieve + print my security token. However it seems to be hit and miss. The logging in works perfectly just will not retrieve and print the security token for every forum I log in to. Code Below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndrewTwain
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: selective printing of lines

Hi, I have a file with lines like this. 2 7 18 ggcgt anna 2 7 18 hhchc sam 3 7 18 hhdjcc ross 4 7 18 hhcjd jenny 0 8 21 jjdhs sam 3 8 21 kkok bush 2 9 24 kosss BrenhamIf the values of the second column are equal, print only those lines with the least first column value. So in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with perl database printing

Hey guys i am using perl and trying to pull a list of books from a database and then populate the list in a separate TT2 file. When the list is generated there should be 39 book names. When I do the foreach statement in my tt2 below, the first statement gives me 39 Array(random number) and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joey12
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Perl Script for printing next line

I got multiple of documents in which i have to extract a line coming after a ID..The scenario is Customer ID: none VT : 002/89 Customer ID: Yes VT: 001/89 Customer ID: none VT: 006/85 Customer ID: Yes VT: 003/56 I have to extract the id which is coming after YES..The output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
7 Replies
foreach(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       foreach(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
foreach - Iterate over all elements in one or more lists SYNOPSIS
foreach varname list body foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The foreach command implements a loop where the loop variable(s) take on values from one or more lists. In the simplest case there is one loop variable, varname, and one list, list, that is a list of values to assign to varname. The body argument is a Tcl script. For each element of list (in order from first to last), foreach assigns the contents of the element to varname as if the lindex command had been used to extract the element, then calls the Tcl interpreter to execute body. In the general case there can be more than one value list (e.g., list1 and list2), and each value list can be associated with a list of loop variables (e.g., varlist1 and varlist2). During each iteration of the loop the variables of each varlist are assigned consecutive values from the corresponding list. Values in each list are used in order from first to last, and each value is used exactly once. The total number of loop iterations is large enough to use up all the values from all the value lists. If a value list does not contain enough elements for each of its loop variables in each iteration, empty values are used for the missing elements. The break and continue statements may be invoked inside body, with the same effect as in the for command. Foreach returns an empty string. EXAMPLES
The following loop uses i and j as loop variables to iterate over pairs of elements of a single list. set x {} foreach {i j} {a b c d e f} { lappend x $j $i } # The value of x is "b a d c f e" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. The next loop uses i and j to iterate over two lists in parallel. set x {} foreach i {a b c} j {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j } # The value of x is "a d b e c f {} g" # There are 4 iterations of the loop. The two forms are combined in the following example. set x {} foreach i {a b c} {j k} {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j $k } # The value of x is "a d e b f g c {} {}" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. SEE ALSO
for(1T), while(1T), break(1T), continue(1T) KEYWORDS
foreach, iteration, list, looping ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl foreach(1T)