Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Preloading libraries.. LD_PRELOAD Post 302286077 by Corona688 on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 09:46:58 AM
Old 02-10-2009
Depends on what system you're using. It'd have to be set somewhere in the boot process to be inherited by everything, there's usually some sort of system or place for that but the details can differ.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

3. Linux

LD_PRELOAD on x86_64 gives error from ld.so

I have implemented an interposer for open() and open64() system call. This interposer is implemented in interposer.c and I have compiled it in a shared library (libinterposer.so) using the following commands: gcc -g -fPIC -s -o interposer.o -c interposer.c gcc -s -g -shared -nostartfiles ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Mukherje
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

LD_PRELOAD on HP UX?

Hi , Is LD_PRELOAD supported on HP UX? I am having issues when i export the below export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/vertex/commtax_1.0.16/64bit/lib/libctq.so ldd /usr/local/vertex/commtax_1.0.16/64bit/lib/libctq.so /usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libodbc.so'. Killed Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psreddy1234
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What does LD_PRELOAD signify?

Hi, What does LD_PRELOAD variable signify on HP-UX? thanks in advance, -Ashish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Declaring LD_PRELOAD system wide for dynamic loading

Dear Fellows; As being new to linux, i have tried to synamically load a custom library which overrides some system calls like conncet(), socket() etc.... for custom purposes. It works well, if declaring the environment path LD_PRELOAD and execution of the application to be override... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
0 Replies

8. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

9. Programming

LD_PRELOAD getting ignored .. can anyone tell me why ?

I had it working but i screwed up something and now i get me@mymachine:~$ LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/libf1.o ldd FCaller ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/me/libf1.o' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored. ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/me/libf1.o' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored. ERROR:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetworkLearning
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preloading open() for files sourced by tcsh

I am overriding the file open system calls (open, open64, fopen, fopen64, freopen, freopen64) in a dynamic library and setting LD_PRELOAD to point to that library. Here is a sample script I'm testing this on - #!/bin/tcsh source testcsh1.csh source testbash1.sh On RHEL 5.7 (tcsh 6.14.00), the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: endgame
2 Replies
Module::Depends(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Module::Depends(3pm)

NAME
Module::Depends - identify the dependencies of a distribution SYNOPSIS
use Module::Depends; my $deps = Module::Depends->new->dist_dir( '.' )->find_modules; print "Our dependencies: ", Dump $deps->requires; DESCRIPTION
Module::Depends extracts module dependencies from an unpacked distribution tree. Module::Depends only evaluates the META.yml shipped with a distribution. This won't be effective until all distributions ship META.yml files, so we suggest you take your life in your hands and look at Module::Depends::Intrusive. METHODS
new simple constructor dist_dir Path where the distribution has been extracted to. find_modules scan the "dist_dir" to populate "libs", "requires", "configure_requires", "test_requires", and "build_requires" libs an array reference of lib lines requires A reference to a hash enumerating the prerequisite modules for this distribution. configure_requires A reference to a hash enumerating the prerequisite modules to configure this distribution. build_requires A reference to a hash enumerating the modules needed to build the distribution. error A reason, if any, for failing to get dependencies. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp, based on code extracted from the Fotango build system originally by James Duncan and Arthur Bergman. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010, Richard Clamp. Copyright 2004-2008, Fotango. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Module::Depends::Intrusive perl v5.14.2 2012-06-10 Module::Depends(3pm)