Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quota threshold
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Quota threshold Post 302286052 by zaxxon on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 08:50:16 AM
Old 02-10-2009
As it already says, the df for /export fails. So the variable $size will not contain anything useful.

Checking the line where you define $size, we see your variable $fs, being part of the list $filesystems.

The problem is, that the "for" doesn't get the values of $filesystems as single elements - it takes them as one. And there is no filesystem called "/export /home/ts".

So add the line
Code:
IFS=" "

to help for/do/done to parse the value of $filesystems as single values.

Example:
Code:
root@isau02:/etc/apt> filesystems="/export /home/t2/"
root@isau02:/etc/apt> for bla in ${filesystems}; do echo ${bla}; done
/export /home/t2/                                        # it takes it as a single value, ignoring the blank
root@isau02:/etc/apt> IFS=" "
root@isau02:/etc/apt> for bla in $filesystems; do echo $bla; done
/export
/home/t2/

You can debug your shell scripts easily by echoing variables in between and use options like "set -x" or "set -xv".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

apache threshold

Hi folks, how can i check apache threshold values via shell scripting and what factors need to check via shell scripting process or number of users or what. pls do advice me. Thanks, Bash (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check Quota of the Environment and mail the user if the threshold increases.

Hi All,I wish to check the quota of the system and if it increases the threshold value,I need that a mail is shot to the environment user informing hi/her about the same.I know it can be done using cron jobs and warnquota command but I am unable to implement it as I am not acquianted with both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Quota of the Environment and mail the user if the threshold increases.

Hi All, I wish to check the quota of the system and if it increases the threshold value,I need that a mail is shot to the environment user informing hi/her about the same. I know it can be done using cron jobs and warnquota command but I am unable to implement it as I am not acquianted with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to lessen the threshold of diskusgae %

Hi experts, I found- $ tail -f /var/adm/messages .... .... Jan 17 05:16:31 server01b last message repeated 6 times Jan 17 05:17:05 server01c ufs: NOTICE: alloc: /var/fileserver:file system full but I checked with df -k and found /var/fileserver is only 49% is used. It means... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average threshold

What should be the threshold for load average of a quad core processor? What constitutes "good" and "bad" load average values? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

threshold

Hi, I have a table with 14 columns. How can I filter the columns 2-14, so that I get only those rows back in which the data values are >= 6 in 5 or more columns. :confused: E.g. A 6 6 3 6 7 8 B 1 2 3 4 5 5 C 2 2 2 6 7 8 Here I should only get back the row A. I would like to work from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Rootvol above threshold

Hi there, Root filesystem is above threshold, I have search and cleared unwanted files which are filling up space. But the root fs is still above threshold. I don't know about veritas volume management. Can anyone show me how to solve this. Du shows /proc is occupying a lot of space. Most of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff two files with threshold value

i have two big file which have thousand of line. i have to sort on two key fields then diff the file. if the interger value of one of the column is less then or greater then 1 it should ignore it. for example File1 abc|7000|jhon|2.3 xyz|9000|sam|6.7 pqr|8000|kapi|4.6 File2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishi2011
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Threshold for swap memory

hi guys the monitoring team is using a tool for monitoring linux boxes and they set an alarm for swap memory to 10%(critical) I really has no idea when swap memory usage is high.... Can someone recommend me a threshold for this? when is warning or critical and this parameters can affect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies
disksup(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						     disksup(3erl)

NAME
disksup - A Disk Supervisor Process DESCRIPTION
disksup is a process which supervises the available disk space in the system. It is part of the OS_Mon application, see os_mon(7) . Avail- able for Unix and Windows. Periodically checks the disks. For each disk or partition which uses more than a certain amount of the available space, the alarm {{disk_almost_full, MountedOn}, []} is set. On Unix : All (locally) mounted disks are checked, including the swap disk if it is present. On WIN32 : All logical drives of type "FIXED_DISK" are checked. Alarms are reported to the SASL alarm handler, see alarm_handler(3erl) . To set an alarm, alarm_handler:set_alarm(Alarm) is called where Alarm is the alarm specified above. The alarms are cleared automatically when the alarm cause is no longer valid. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration parameters can be used to change the default values for time interval and threshold: disk_space_check_interval = int()>0 : The time interval, in minutes, for the periodic disk space check. The default is 30 minutes. disk_almost_full_threshold = float() : The threshold, as percentage of total disk space, for how much disk can be utilized before the disk_almost_full alarm is set. The default is 0.80 (80%). See config(5) for information about how to change the value of configuration parameters. EXPORTS
get_disk_data() -> [DiskData] Types DiskData = {Id, KByte, Capacity} Id = string() KByte = int() Capacity = int() Returns the result of the latest disk check. Id is a string that identifies the disk or partition. KByte is the total size of the disk or partition in kbytes. Capacity is the percentage of disk space used. The function is asynchronous in the sense that it does not invoke a disk check, but returns the latest available value. Returns [{"none",0,0}] if disksup is not available. get_check_interval() -> MS Types MS = int() Returns the time interval, in milliseconds, for the periodic disk space check. set_check_interval(Minutes) -> ok Types Minutes = int()>=1 Changes the time interval, given in minutes, for the periodic disk space check. The change will take effect after the next disk space check and is non-persist. That is, in case of a process restart, this value is forgotten and the default value will be used. See Configuration above. get_almost_full_threshold() -> Percent Types Percent = int() Returns the threshold, in percent, for disk space utilization. set_almost_full_threshold(Float) -> ok Types Float = float(), 0=<Float=<1 Changes the threshold, given as a float, for disk space utilization. The change will take effect during the next disk space check and is non-persist. That is, in case of a process restart, this value is forgotten and the default value will be used. See Configuration above. SEE ALSO
alarm_handler(3erl) , os_mon(3erl) Ericsson AB os_mon 2.2.5 disksup(3erl)