Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: editing files with script
Operating Systems Solaris editing files with script Post 302286045 by Asteroid on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 07:57:22 AM
Old 02-10-2009
yes, all the stations are with same OS release

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing files

hi i would like to know whether i can delete a part of a file in C for eg. if my file contained 1234567890 and i want to delete 456 so that it becomes 1237890 is there a way i can do this. well, one way i can achieve this is by creating a new file, copy whatever i want, then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameersbn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for editing column files

Hi, I have been doing files editing (using "vi") to change the period (e.g. 0902 to 0903) for 100 files each week as shown in the example below. I would like to have a script to solve this manual files editing. Please advice. Example: Change from: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JunZ
2 Replies

3. Web Development

bash script editing my apache config files

okay i'm going to try to say this uber-simple: I use dropbox (file-sync service). in order for dropbox sync files, they must be its children eg. somewhere under /home/jzacsh/Dropbox]. I want to now use it to keep my development files in sync across my machines: easy: just move my dev. files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing files

Is there any command which I can apply from the command line to find and replace a particular text say "00:00:00:00" with "00" from all the files( where ever this text exists) of the current directory? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing files to add some thing in all the files in a folder

Hi All, I have a folder that contains 100's of files and each file have a similar content like the following format: ((STBJa:200.0,((STBTz:200.0,(STSwe:200.0,(STDUw:200.0,(ST4Bu:200.0,STL2b:200.0):127.0):86.0):80.0):120.0, STAHr:200.0):134.0):200.0,STuNg:200.0);What I need is to do is add "#1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make an editing script work for multiple files?

Hey everybody, I have a script for making a string substitution in a file. I am trying to modify it in order to make the same modifcation to multiples files. here is what I have so far. #!/bin/csh set p1="$1" shift set p2="$1" shift foreach x ($*) if ( { grep -w -c "$p1" $x } ) then mv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwatk003
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script editing text files and running commands

Okay this will probably have multiple parts to it but I don't really want to trouble you guys with more help because I'm a total noob so I can just do the first part by hand (it's just editing a few hundred lines of text in a file; I have to do the same thing on each line and I'm sure there's a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing files.

hello, i have a problem. suppose file.txt i want to add lines over those lines in a file if it starts and ends with how and "?" respectively. i want output like output file.txt thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing files

This is a smallpart of my input file.I want to change the ID values of entries having CMW as an entry. Cont_1.266 . CMW 2958 3269 . - 0 PARENT=t:UM06506T0;ID=UM06506P0;rank=6 Cont_1.266 . CMW 3394 3505 . - 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasdf
3 Replies
TV_GRAB_PT_MEO(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					TV_GRAB_PT_MEO(1p)

NAME
tv_grab_pt_meo - Grab TV listings for MEO from SAPO in Portugal. SYNOPSIS
tv_grab_pt_meo --help tv_grab_pt_meo --configure [--config-file FILE] [--root-url URL] tv_grab_pt_meo [--config-file FILE] [--root-url URL] [--days N] [--offset N] [--channel xmltvid,xmltvid,...] [--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug] tv_grab_pt_meo --list-channels [--config-file FILE] [--root-url URL] [--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
Output TV and listings in XMLTV format for many stations available in Portugal. This program consumes the EPG service offering from SAPO at <http://services.sapo.pt/Metadata/Service/EPG?culture=EN>. See <http://seguranca.sapo.pt/termosdeutilizacao/apis_rss_webservices.html> for their terms of service. (automatic translation suggests it's free for personal use, verfication appreciated) First you must run tv_grab_pt_meo --configure to choose which stations you want to receive. Then running tv_grab_pt_meo with no arguments will get a listings for the stations you chose for all available days including today. OPTIONS
--configure Prompt for which stations to download and write the configuration file. --config-file FILE Set the name of the configuration file, the default is ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_pt_meo.conf. This is the file written by --configure and read when grabbing. --output FILE When grabbing, write output to FILE rather than standard output. --days N When grabbing, grab N days rather than everything available. --offset N Start grabbing at today + N days. --quiet Only print error-messages on STDERR. --debug Provide more information on progress to stderr to help in debugging. --list-channels Output a list of all channels that data is available for. The list is in xmltv-format. --capabilities Show which capabilities the grabber supports. For more information, see <http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XmltvCapabilities> --version Show the version of the grabber. --help Print a help message and exit. ERROR HANDLING
If the grabber fails to download data from webstep, it will print an errormessage to STDERR and then exit with a status code of 1 to indicate that the data is missing. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variable HOME can be set to change where configuration files are stored. All configuration is stored in $HOME/.xmltv/. On Windows, it might be necessary to set HOME to a path without spaces in it. CREDITS
Grabber written by Karl Dietz, dekarl -at- users -dot- sourceforge -dot- net as a test of the documentation on grabber writing. This documentation copied from tv_grab_cz by Mattias Holmlund, This documentation copied from tv_grab_uk by Ed Avis, ed -at- membled -dot- com. Original grabber by Jiri Kaderavek, jiri -dot- kaderavek -at- webstep -dot- net with modifications by Petr Stehlik, pstehlik -at- sophics -dot- cz. Data provided via web service from SAPO accompanying their MEO TV service. Check their terms of usage! BUGS
None known. perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 TV_GRAB_PT_MEO(1p)