Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to filer a line in special condition? Post 302285953 by scorpio on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 02:27:21 AM
Old 02-10-2009
sorry ..

This is the complete command

sed -e 's/.*dist//' < testfile.txt | cut -d "_" -f1-4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a character in line in Special condition?

Hi, I have a log file generated by a tool which has the following look : /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename1_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename2_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename3_release_date.zip... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings with Special chars in IF condition

I was trying to run a code to check if a fax number is empty or not. for that, I've written the following code which is throwing an error. #!/bin/ksh fax= "999-999-9999" if ; then fax_no="000-000-0000" else fax_no=$fax fi echo $fax_no And I get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hooaamai
7 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print every 5 lines with special condition

Hi Friends, I have an input file like this chr1 100 200 chr1 200 300 chr1 300 400 chr1 400 500 chr1 500 600 chr1 600 700 chr1 700 800 chr1 800 900 chr1 900 920 chr1 940 960 I would like to get the first line's second column and the fifth line's 3rd column as one single line. This... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition matching with special chars

Hi, I have file #cat drivers.txt fcs0 fcs1 vscsi1 vscsi2 In this i need to check the availabality of "fcs" or "vscsi" alone not vscsi0,fcs1 I tried with "if condition" but it is not working. cat drivers.txt| while read ADAP do echo "Checking for $ADAP" if ;then echo "FC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns to Rows - Transpose - Special Condition

Hi Friends, Hope all is well. I have an input file like this a gene1 10 b gene1 2 c gene2 20 c gene3 10 d gene4 5 e gene5 6 Steps to reach output. 1. Print unique values of column1 as column of the matrix, which will be a b c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Next line with current Line bassed on condition

Hi, I have an XML file and I am tring to extract some data form it, after lot of data cleaning process, I ended up with an issue, and need your urgent support. my current input data in below format: <Node>xxxxxx <Node>yyyyy</Node> <Node>zzzzzz <Node>12345</node> I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line then evaluate text on next line, print when condition is met

Hello, I am looking for a specific situation in a text file. The conditions are, > <CompoundName> InChI=1S/C5H12NO2/c1-5(2)4-8-6(3)7/h5H,4H2,1-3H3/q+1 I am looking for cases where the line "> <CompoundName>" is followed by a line that contains the string "InChI=" without regard to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How To Retreive Files With a Special Condition?

Everyday I have to get a list of files in a directory with a special condition and feed this list to a for loop to be processed. Since I do not use Unix all the time, it is tricky for me to get that list of files. So, the question is whether there are commands that will give me the file names... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition fails for special charecter

I have a sample server name listed in variable as below: var="server-13" I need to check if the 7th character on $var is number 1 whichenv=`echo "$var"| head -c 7 | tail -c 1` if ]; then echo "9 found" else echo "9 Not Found" fi Output: This works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
yencode(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data						yencode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
yencode - Y-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require yencode ?1.1.2? ::yencode::encode string ::yencode::decode string ::yencode::yencode ?-name string? ?-line integer? ?-crc32 boolean? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::yencode::ydecode (-file filename | ?--? string) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the yEnc file encoding. This is a recently introduced method of encoding binary files for transmission through Usenet. This encoding packs binary data into a format that requires an 8-bit clean transmission layer but that escapes characters special to the NNTP posting protocols. See http://www.yenc.org/ for details concerning the algorithm. ::yencode::encode string returns the yEnc encoded data. ::yencode::decode string Decodes the given yEnc encoded data. ::yencode::yencode ?-name string? ?-line integer? ?-crc32 boolean? (-file filename | ?--? string) Encode a file or block of data. ::yencode::ydecode (-file filename | ?--? string) Decode a file or block of data. A file may contain more than one embedded file so the result is a list where each element is a three element list of filename, file size and data. OPTIONS
-filename name Cause the yencode or ydecode commands to read their data from the named file rather that taking a string parameter. -name string The encoded data header line contains the suggested file name to be used when unpacking the data. Use this option to change this from the default of "data.dat". -line integer The yencoded data header line contains records the line length used during the encoding. Use this option to select a line length other that the default of 128. Note that NNTP imposes a 1000 character line length limit and some gateways may have trouble with more than 255 characters per line. -crc32 boolean The yEnc specification recommends the inclusion of a cyclic redundancy check value in the footer. Use this option to change the default from true to false. % set d [yencode::yencode -file testfile.txt] =ybegin line=128 size=584 name=testfile.txt -o- data not shown -o- =yend size=584 crc32=ded29f4f REFERENCES
[1] http://www.yenc.org/yenc-draft.1.3.txt BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
encoding, yEnc, ydecode, yencode CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts base64 1.1.2 yencode(n)