Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile cant create new install path Post 302285873 by mercury on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 12:29:42 AM
Old 02-10-2009

Last edited by mercury; 02-10-2009 at 10:24 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about create Makefile

hello! i want to create a Makefile on the freebsd 4.5,so i vi the hello.c #include int main(int argc, char** argv) { printf(''Hello, GNU!\n''); return 0; } #autoscan #cp configure.scan configure.in #vi configure.in modify:AC_OUTPUT AC_OUTPUT(Makefile) #aclocal #autoconf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzp
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

3. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install path... sort of

Howdy, I've got ma an alphaserver ds20e (running what i believe to be Tru64 UNIX 4.0F) and i was wondering where the binaries and whatnot go when you install something (the file path), see i've got to install something but it's not wanting to go by conventioal means so i'm going to have to place it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

how can i get the install path from yum?

Hello all i install several application using yum in CentOS now i like to see the installed application path's where each component yum downloaded got installed how can i do that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake does not create Makefile.in

hi all, I have written a simple C program hello.c and a Makefile.ac but when i try to run automake it does not create Makefile.in hence I am not able to run ./configure command in my directory. Following are the containts of my prog. hello.c -------- Code: #include<stdio.h> main() {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make install in custom path

I would like to install a binary from source on a custom path, say /usr/local/myapps. There is no --prefix option in ./configure How can I "make install" at custom path. I tried this. No --prefix root@server # ./configure --help | grep prefix root@server # Make install ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create Makefile from source files

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a makefile for a set of source files. Several sources files are given but we are not allowed to modify them. The goal is to create a makefile such that if a change is made to any of the source code files, the project can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu1228
5 Replies

9. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile instructions to create directories (CentOS7 , GNU Make 3.82)

Hello, My makefiles are set up to generate an environment specific build directory based on the local configuration and some values passed to make. It generally looks like, # compilers, may be passed to make CC++ = g++ FCOMP = gfortran # version of program, may be passed to make ver =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM - distribution class for MakeMaker related modules SYNOPSIS
$mm = CPANPLUS::Dist::MM->new( module => $modobj ); $mm->create; # runs make && make test $mm->install; # runs make install DESCRIPTION
"CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" is a distribution class for MakeMaker related modules. Using this package, you can create, install and uninstall perl modules. It inherits from "CPANPLUS::Dist". ACCESSORS
parent() Returns the "CPANPLUS::Module" object that parented this object. status() Returns the "Object::Accessor" object that keeps the status for this module. STATUS ACCESSORS
All accessors can be accessed as follows: $mm->status->ACCESSOR makefile () Location of the Makefile (or Build file). Set to 0 explicitly if something went wrong. make () BOOL indicating if the "make" (or "Build") command was successful. test () BOOL indicating if the "make test" (or "Build test") command was successful. prepared () BOOL indicating if the "prepare" call exited successfully This gets set after "perl Makefile.PL" distdir () Full path to the directory in which the "prepare" call took place, set after a call to "prepare". created () BOOL indicating if the "create" call exited successfully. This gets set after "make" and "make test". installed () BOOL indicating if the module was installed. This gets set after "make install" (or "Build install") exits successfully. uninstalled () BOOL indicating if the module was uninstalled properly. _create_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "create" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. _install_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "install" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. METHODS
$bool = $dist->format_available(); Returns a boolean indicating whether or not you can use this package to create and install modules in your environment. $bool = $dist->init(); Sets up the "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" object for use. Effectively creates all the needed status accessors. Called automatically whenever you create a new "CPANPLUS::Dist" object. $bool = $dist->prepare([perl => '/path/to/perl', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "prepare" preps a distribution for installation. This means it will run "perl Makefile.PL" and determine what prerequisites this distribution declared. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "prepare" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. When running "perl Makefile.PL", the environment variable "PERL5_CPANPLUS_IS_EXECUTING" will be set to the full path of the "Makefile.PL" that is being executed. This enables any code inside the "Makefile.PL" to know that it is being installed via CPANPLUS. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->create" on the object to create the installable files. $href = $dist->_find_prereqs( file => '/path/to/Makefile', [verbose => BOOL]) Parses a "Makefile" for "PREREQ_PM" entries and distills from that any prerequisites mentioned in the "Makefile" Returns a hash with module-version pairs on success and false on failure. $bool = $dist->create([perl => '/path/to/perl', make => '/path/to/make', makeflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', prereq_target => TARGET, skiptest => BOOL, force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "create" creates the files necessary for installation. This means it will run "make" and "make test". This will also scan for and attempt to satisfy any prerequisites the module may have. If you set "skiptest" to true, it will skip the "make test" stage. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "make" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. It will also ignore a bad return value from "make test" and still allow the operation to return true. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->install" on the object to actually install it. $bool = $dist->install([make => '/path/to/make', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "install" runs the following command: make install Returns true on success, false on failure. $bool = $dist->write_makefile_pl([force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) This routine can write a "Makefile.PL" from the information in a module object. It is used to write a "Makefile.PL" when the original author forgot it (!!). Returns 1 on success and false on failure. The file gets written to the directory the module's been extracted to. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3pm)