Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Non-blocking pipe
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Non-blocking pipe Post 302285848 by cdlaforc on Monday 9th of February 2009 09:52:35 PM
Old 02-09-2009
Thanks for the info. I would like to keep this in shell script(bash). It's kind of a learning project trying to learn all I can about shell scripting for bash. So I'm trying to build a little shell game.
Thanks,

Chris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blocking domains

Dear All , Kindly note I have sun solaries 7 . I want to block a domain who keep sending emails to my domain and users . thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

School Blocking

I'm in highschool. They blocked my favorite site. How do I disable websense without getting caught on that particular webpage? Is it even possible? *twitch* I would also like to get as much UNIX for beginners information, so if someone might point me in the right direction so I don't have to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satine
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

blocking DHCP

I've got a legit DHCP server on my network. I've got a 3550 as my VTP server providing 4 vlans to 4 2950 switches. If somebody were to plug into one of those vlans with a DHCP server configured then it would throw off my whole network. How could i block the DHCP server that could plug into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from blocking fifo pipe in shell script

Hi!! I have a problem reading from a fifo pipe in shell script. The idea is simple, I have a C program with two pipe files: An input pipe I use to send commands in shell script to the C program (echo "command" > input.pipe) An output pipe that I read the result of the command also in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorin
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

ping blocking

Hi I am starting to practice nmap for my own education. Now I created two host in virtual box. Bot are scientific linux, one in installed as web server and the other as developing station. I tried to run nmap on so I did nmap on their IP address, I got an answer that ip is down or that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

10. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)