Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting variable for query using iSql / Korn Shell Post 302285713 by Cailet on Monday 9th of February 2009 02:02:13 PM
Old 02-09-2009
Ok - so I can put multiple queries in my file as long as they all have the semi colon.

since I have a file full of queries, I would want to use the "-i" option. Unless I am missing something, it seems like putting them hardcoded into the script would be way too much. Is there any way for me to pass a variable into the iSql command when it runs the file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting value of Shell variable from within ISQL

Hi Guys, Need help. I am using ISQL inside a shell script. Is there a way to set the value of shell script variable from inside the ISQL code. I do not want to write the results from the SQL to an output file. Please let me know. Regards, Tipsy. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 fild1 ) but this sintax in ksh and sh (HP-UNIX) not work... why?? exist another solution for this type of variable ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql query in unix shell script

Dear all I want to execute some isql command from unix shell script. Kindly suggest me. isql command mention below. isql -U -P use gdb_1 go select count (*) from table_x go (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using isql in korn shell

Hi all, I have two accounts in a Unix server, the first one uses .tcsh as default shell and the other uses .ksh (korn shell) as default. When I login using the account with .tcsh default, I can use the isql command and connect to our database server. However, when I use the other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql query in unix shell

Hi i want write a script for list of sysbase are having access or open. then i wrote like: USER="abc" PASS="xyz" SERVER="SCCS" DB="blue" WORK_DIR="/usr/home/ramakrishna" set -x isql -U${USER} -P${PASS} -S${SERVER}<<EOF>$WORK_DIR/output.log go use blue (database name) go use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Korn Shell Script / Clearcase Query

Hi, I wonder can you help me ... I have the following clearcase code that works on the command line: ct mkattr -replace Four_Legs '"cat dog"' lbtype:Animal however when i try to use it in my script it fails with the following error message: + ct mkattr -replace Four_Legs "cat dog"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegant
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign record count output of isql to a shell variable ?

isql select count(*) from Table eof How to assign record count output of isql query to a shell variable ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
4 Replies

8. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use shell variable in isql

Hi , I want to use shell variable in isql. example.. $ksh ./sudh.ksh "2041qwer" sudh.ksh is my script passing the perameter "2041qwer" Code in my script : =========== $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/bin/isql -I$SYBASE/interfaces -S$OTHRSRVR -U$SYBUSER -P$SYBPASS -w... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakarpasala
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return value inside isql to a shell variable in ksh

Hello, I have a shell script where I am doing an isql to select some records. the result i get from the select statement is directed to an output file. I want to assign the result to a Shell variable so that I can use the retrieved in another routine. e.g. "isql -U${USER} -P${PASSWD} -S${SERVER}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RookieDev
1 Replies
GROUP_TOOL(8)							      cluster							     GROUP_TOOL(8)

NAME
group_tool - run common fence_tool, dlm_tool, gfs_control commands SYNOPSIS
group_tool [COMMAND] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
This utility is deprecated and the new replacements are shown. See fence_tool(8), dlm_tool(8), gfs_control(8) man pages for more informa- tion about the new commands. ls runs fence_tool ls ; dlm_tool ls ; gfs_control ls dump fence equivalent to new fence_tool dump dump dlm equivalent to new dlm_tool dump dump gfs equivalent to new gfs_control dump dump plocks name equivalent to new dlm_tool plocks name Cluster Uprading When performing a rolling upgrade from cluster2 to cluster3, the groupd(8) daemon will be running and group_tool can be used with groupd like it was in cluster2. ls -g1 queries and displays the internal groupd state. dump queries and dumps the groupd debug buffer. compat queries and displays the internal groupd compatibility mode. OPTIONS
-g num Force old groupd queries with 1. -n Show all node information in ls. -v Show verbose information from groupd with ls -g1. -h Print a help message describing available options, then exit. -V Print program version information, then exit. SEE ALSO
cman(5), groupd(8), fence_tool(8), dlm_tool(8), gfs_control(8) cluster 2009-01-19 GROUP_TOOL(8)