Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting variable for query using iSql / Korn Shell Post 302285699 by quirkasaurus on Monday 9th of February 2009 01:24:05 PM
Old 02-09-2009
1.) Multiple queries can be separated by semi-colons.

2.) Within the SHELL, you can use this:

Code:
isql << EOF

SELECT some_stuff
  FROM table_some_thing
 WHERE some_field = "$some_input_variable" ;

EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting value of Shell variable from within ISQL

Hi Guys, Need help. I am using ISQL inside a shell script. Is there a way to set the value of shell script variable from inside the ISQL code. I do not want to write the results from the SQL to an output file. Please let me know. Regards, Tipsy. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 fild1 ) but this sintax in ksh and sh (HP-UNIX) not work... why?? exist another solution for this type of variable ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql query in unix shell script

Dear all I want to execute some isql command from unix shell script. Kindly suggest me. isql command mention below. isql -U -P use gdb_1 go select count (*) from table_x go (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using isql in korn shell

Hi all, I have two accounts in a Unix server, the first one uses .tcsh as default shell and the other uses .ksh (korn shell) as default. When I login using the account with .tcsh default, I can use the isql command and connect to our database server. However, when I use the other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql query in unix shell

Hi i want write a script for list of sysbase are having access or open. then i wrote like: USER="abc" PASS="xyz" SERVER="SCCS" DB="blue" WORK_DIR="/usr/home/ramakrishna" set -x isql -U${USER} -P${PASS} -S${SERVER}<<EOF>$WORK_DIR/output.log go use blue (database name) go use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Korn Shell Script / Clearcase Query

Hi, I wonder can you help me ... I have the following clearcase code that works on the command line: ct mkattr -replace Four_Legs '"cat dog"' lbtype:Animal however when i try to use it in my script it fails with the following error message: + ct mkattr -replace Four_Legs "cat dog"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegant
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign record count output of isql to a shell variable ?

isql select count(*) from Table eof How to assign record count output of isql query to a shell variable ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
4 Replies

8. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use shell variable in isql

Hi , I want to use shell variable in isql. example.. $ksh ./sudh.ksh "2041qwer" sudh.ksh is my script passing the perameter "2041qwer" Code in my script : =========== $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/bin/isql -I$SYBASE/interfaces -S$OTHRSRVR -U$SYBUSER -P$SYBPASS -w... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakarpasala
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return value inside isql to a shell variable in ksh

Hello, I have a shell script where I am doing an isql to select some records. the result i get from the select statement is directed to an output file. I want to assign the result to a Shell variable so that I can use the retrieved in another routine. e.g. "isql -U${USER} -P${PASSWD} -S${SERVER}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RookieDev
1 Replies
MSSQL_NEXT_RESULT(3)													      MSSQL_NEXT_RESULT(3)

mssql_next_result - Move the internal result pointer to the next result

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_next_result (resource $result_id) DESCRIPTION
When sending more than one SQL statement to the server or executing a stored procedure with multiple results, it will cause the server to return multiple result sets. This function will test for additional results available form the server. If an additional result set exists it will free the existing result set and prepare to fetch the rows from the new result set. PARAMETERS
o $result_id - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if an additional result set was available or FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_next_result(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database $link = mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php', $link); // Send a query to MSSQL $sql = 'SELECT [name], [age] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'; $query = mssql_query($sql, $link); // Iterate through returned records do { while ($row = mssql_fetch_row($query)) { // Handle record ... } } while (mssql_next_result($query)); // Clean up mssql_free_result($query); mssql_close($link); ?> PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_NEXT_RESULT(3)