Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crazy dreams..
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? crazy dreams.. Post 302285254 by Neo on Sunday 8th of February 2009 03:52:35 AM
Old 02-08-2009
I closed this thread because it is not going in the right direction in the spirit of the forums.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

going crazy with test???

oK, i know for sure that code = Y and var = N but no matter what this always prints ignore, never valid??????? if test "$code"="$var" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mich_elle00
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp going crazy

Dear Friends, I am having a crazy issue with ftp. I am doing 'mput' of 4 files (z1, z2, z3, z4) as below. But ftp transfers only every alternative file !! - ie; If I do mput z* for above, it sends only z1 and z3. Note that all the files are same and I tried this for several dummy files. All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdivu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finger has gone crazy

Two things : On the first place i am really desperate, on the second i am about to throw my laptop away to the recycle bin in a while. Ok now that i expressed my feeling let me describe you this mad situation. Code: print $1; ("finger -m " $1 "| head -1") | getline userinfo print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
6 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Crazy Dots

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a script called DOTS that will display the horizontal or vertical number of dots if the first argument... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchelpmtl
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Here's To The Crazy One

Please excuse my indulgence. Thank you MG Siegler and Steve Jurvetson. But most importantly, thank you Steve Jobs. 8rwsuXHA7RA The world has lost a genius. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crazy Syntax

Hello All, was looking at a script wrote by someone and when I try and run it in ksh it gives me an error. Could ksh version be a problem or is there something wrong that I'm missing, when I run it from the command line it works. Thanks! results=`sudo -u admin ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akechnie
1 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)