Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search files between a date range Post 302285209 by hawstom on Saturday 7th of February 2009 10:52:40 PM
Old 02-07-2009
ppl means people. :-) Here is how I did a limited date range file search

The snippet below finds files modified between 2500 and 2800 minutes ago.

Code:
find -cmin +2500  -cmin -2800

The snippet below finds files modified between 20 and 21 days ago.

Code:
find -ctime +20  -ctime -21

I, too, am a hopeless newbie, but those worked for me.

Tom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Files within a particular date range

Hi, Can someone please help me with this. Actually i want to move files from one directory to another directory , But I just want to move files of a specific data range. For ex: This is my directory which contains all fine. /home/Rooh Then there is a long listing of files. suppose this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp only files in certain date range

hi all, I'm trying to do a cp only on files I created on a given day or within a certain date range. What's the best way to do this? Cheers, KL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ee7klt
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pattern search using grep in specific range of files

Hi, I am trying to do the following: grep -l <pattern> <files to be searched for> In <files to be searched for> , all files should of some specific date like "Apr 8" not all files in current directory. I just to search within files Apr 8 files so that it won't search in entire list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific data in a file based on a date range

Hi, Currently I am working on a script to automate the process of converting the log file from binary into text format. To achieve this, partly I am depending on my application’s utility for this conversion and the rest I am relying on shell commands to search for directory, locate the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search on date range of file based on user input

Hello I would like to ask for help with a script to search a directory that contains many log files and based on a users input after being prompted, they enter a date range down to the hour which searches the files that contain that range. I dont know how to go about this. I am hoping that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with removing files with date range

Hi, I want to remove trace files in a particular directory for a specific date range. Currently i can remove based on time (e.g find /path/*.trm -mtime +1000 -exec rm {} \;). But i want to remove .trm files within a date range. E.g to remove .trm files between jan 1 2002 to April 15 2005. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted files between date range

Dear Friends, I have HP_ux 11.31 and want to delete some unwanted very old log files between two date range. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Find Files within date Range

Hi i am looking to expand a command i am using to find files in a large file system. i am currently using find /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/ -type f -size +3G | -exec mv {} /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/KILL \; This works really well but i would like to add a date range to the same command to refine it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists

Hi, I am Searching for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists. the below is the format: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ID: FIRST ID MESSAGE: Event Message... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxuser999
5 Replies
DP(8)                                                                [nmh-1.5]                                                               DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)