Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer? Post 302285101 by Neo on Saturday 7th of February 2009 07:54:03 AM
Old 02-07-2009
Yes, I agree. Just because OS X has a amazing GUI does not mean you cannot use the command line if you desire.

On the other hand, most users will be happy with the GUI as a desktop model.

More than likely I would not choose OS X as a remote server as I do agree most packages for OS X are designed for GUI installation.

PS: I recently installed LAMP for OS X, called MAMP, and it was the easiest LAMP/MAMP install I have ever seen.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer

Hi (Help, Help, Help) I am on a computer course and have designed a web site as one of my assignments. just before Xmas my college tutor "very kindly" viewed my site with a mac, safari browser and unix operating system computer. This is what she Emailed back to me, and I am trying to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My code worked on a Mac, now it does not work in another computer

I guess Mac has default bash. Then I copy my code to another comp and run it...And it gives me an error like "bad substitution".... How I can change my code??? Never had before this kind of situation. Help please. if then n=$(sort /Users/Natalie/lastserial | tail -1) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
6 Replies
GUI 
API(3m17n) The m17n Library GUI API(3m17n) NAME
GUI_API - API provided by libm17n-gui.so. Modules Frame A frame is an object corresponding to the graphic device. Font Font object. Fontset A fontset is an object that maps a character to fonts. Face A face is an object to control appearance of M-text. Drawing Drawing M-texts on a window. Input Method (GUI) Input method support on window systems. Detailed Description API provided by libm17n-gui.so. GUI support for a window system. This section defines the m17n GUI API concerning M-text drawing and inputting under a window system. All the definitions here are independent of window systems. An actual library file, however, can depend on a specific window system. For instance, the library file m17n-X.so is an example of implementation of the m17n GUI API for the X Window System. Actually the GUI API is mainly for toolkit libraries or to implement XOM, not for direct use from application programs. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for The m17n Library from the source code. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 GUI API(3m17n)