Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer? Post 302285101 by Neo on Saturday 7th of February 2009 07:54:03 AM
Old 02-07-2009
Yes, I agree. Just because OS X has a amazing GUI does not mean you cannot use the command line if you desire.

On the other hand, most users will be happy with the GUI as a desktop model.

More than likely I would not choose OS X as a remote server as I do agree most packages for OS X are designed for GUI installation.

PS: I recently installed LAMP for OS X, called MAMP, and it was the easiest LAMP/MAMP install I have ever seen.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer

Hi (Help, Help, Help) I am on a computer course and have designed a web site as one of my assignments. just before Xmas my college tutor "very kindly" viewed my site with a mac, safari browser and unix operating system computer. This is what she Emailed back to me, and I am trying to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My code worked on a Mac, now it does not work in another computer

I guess Mac has default bash. Then I copy my code to another comp and run it...And it gives me an error like "bad substitution".... How I can change my code??? Never had before this kind of situation. Help please. if then n=$(sort /Users/Natalie/lastserial | tail -1) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
6 Replies
AUTHCONFIG-GTK(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 AUTHCONFIG-GTK(8)

NAME
authconfig-gtk, system-config-authentication - GUI utility for configuring user identity and system authentication services SYNOPSIS
authconfig-gtk [--nox] [--updateall] [--firstboot] DESCRIPTION
authconfig-gtk provides a simple graphical user interface for configuring user identity and system authentication services. It provides basic configuration options to handle NIS, LDAP, Kerberos 5, and Winbind client configuration. OPTIONS
If the --nox option is specified, authconfig command line utility is run instead of the GUI. The --updateall option forces overwriting of all configuration files not only the files affected by the changes made in the user interac- tion with the GUI. This option can be useful in case the configuration files are broken by manual editing. The --firstboot option is to be used only when firstboot utility runs the GUI during the first setup of the system after installation. RETURN CODES
authconfig-gtk returns 0 on success, non zero on error. SEE ALSO
authconfig(8), system-auth-ac(5) AUTHORS
Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com>, Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com>, Matt Wilson <msw@redhat.com>, Tomas Mraz <tmraz@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc. 31 March 2010 AUTHCONFIG-GTK(8)