Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with script Post 302285021 by inditopgun on Friday 6th of February 2009 08:31:08 PM
Old 02-06-2009
Help with script

I want to write a script (either sed or awk) which will search for a particular pattern, "xyz" in an XML file, then insert 2 lines of text at the end of that XML tag. To give an example, here is how the particular fragment of lines in XML file would like before :

<Location /xyz/abc>
Directory
Alias
</Location>

This is how the particular fragment of lines in XML file would like after :

<Location /xyz/abc>
Directory
Alias
SSL Cipher
SSL Wallet Directory
</Location>

Any help will be appreciated!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
XML::Easy::Transform(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 XML::Easy::Transform(3pm)

NAME
XML::Easy::Tranform - XML processing with a clean interface DESCRIPTION
The "XML::Easy::Transform::" namespace exists to contain modules that perform transformations on XML documents, or parts thereof, in the form of XML::Easy::Element and XML::Easy::Content nodes. XML::Easy is a collection of modules relating to the processing of XML data. It includes functions to parse and serialise the standard textual form of XML. When XML data is not in text form, XML::Easy processes it in an abstract syntax-neutral form, as a collection of linked Perl objects. This in-program data format shields XML users from the infelicities of XML syntax. Modules under the "XML::Easy::Transform::" namespace operate on XML data in this abstract structured form, not on textual XML. A transformation on XML data should normally be presented in the form of a function, which takes an XML::Easy::Element node as its main parameter, and returns an XML::Easy::Element node (or "die"s on error). The input node and output node each represent the root element of the XML document (or fragment thereof) being transformed. These nodes, of course, contain subordinate nodes, according to the structure of the XML data. A reference to the top node is all that is required to effectively pass the whole document. OTHER DISTRIBUTIONS
CPAN distributions under this namespace are: XML::Easy::Transform::RationalizeNamespacePrefixes Manages XML Namespaces by hoisting all namespace declarations to the root of a document. SEE ALSO
XML::Easy AUTHOR
Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 XML::Easy::Transform(3pm)