Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Default Gateway
Operating Systems AIX Help with Default Gateway Post 302284978 by Padow on Friday 6th of February 2009 04:45:21 PM
Old 02-06-2009
when configuring the second interface (that should not have a default gateway) use
Code:
smitty chinet

Another note: if you have two default gateways, they will both come back on a reboot even if you do a route delete. You must use
Code:
smitty route

to delete the second route to clean it out of the system completly.

Are you sure you configured the two adapters for the right networks (you don't have them backwards)? Is your netmask set properly on both adapters?

Edit: I edited the first command from smitty mktcpip to smitty chinet. Had a brain fart.

Last edited by Padow; 02-06-2009 at 05:51 PM..
Padow

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to add another default gateway

I am using HP-UX 11i and I need to add another default gateway. how can I do that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salhoub
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I change the default gateway?

my actual default gatewas IP is: default 192.168.11.254 and I need to change it to 192.168.11.2, I'm using Solaris 9, how can i do it? and how i can save it in case that the machine restart and have the new default gateway IP saved? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

default gateway in unix?

i'm a real unix newbie, setting up a network, with a router to router vpn connection with a remote site, all the win stuff is talking and pinging and all the stuff it should be doing (yeah and crashing too, lol) but no communication with the unix box, i think the problem is with my default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcg
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

where can i modify default gateway

where in configuration files can i modify default gateway in hp-ux11iv3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

5. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Can not ping default gateway

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 2 identical systems in the same subnet here. They can ping and ssh each other. One can ping the default gateway and one can not with error '... icmp_seq Destination Host Unreachable'. I can't find any difference between the two systems in terms of network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Change Default gateway

Hi..I have to change default gateway in my linux machine. Its OS is RHEL6. I followed following steps. 1.run command ip route to check current default gateway 2.delete that gateway with command route del default gw x.x.x.x eth2 3.Add new gatewy with command below route add default gateway... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					    SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)

NAME
exclusion - Exclude a set of hosts from a definition in a shorewall configuration file. SYNOPSIS
!address-or-range[,address-or-range]... !zone-name[,zone-name]... DESCRIPTION
The first form of exclusion is used when you wish to exclude one or more addresses from a definition. An exclaimation point is followed by a comma-separated list of addresses. The addresses may be single host addresses (e.g., 192.168.1.4) or they may be network addresses in CIDR format (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24). If your kernel and iptables include iprange support, you may also specify ranges of ip addresses of the form lowaddress-highaddress No embedded whitespace is allowed. Exclusion can appear after a list of addresses and/or address ranges. In that case, the final list of address is formed by taking the first list and then removing the addresses defined in the exclusion. Beginning in Shorewall 4.4.13, the second form of exclusion is allowed after all and any in the SOURCE and DEST columns of /etc/shorewall/rules. It allows you to omit arbitrary zones from the list generated by those key words. Warning If you omit a sub-zone and there is an explicit or explicit CONTINUE policy, a connection to/from that zone can still be matched by the rule generated for a parent zone. For example: /etc/shorewall/zones: #ZONE TYPE z1 ip z2:z1 ip ... /etc/shorewall/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY z1 net CONTINUE z2 net REJECT /etc/shorewall/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST # PORT(S) ACCEPT all!z2 net tcp 22 In this case, SSH connections from z2 to net will be accepted by the generated z1 to net ACCEPT rule. In most contexts, ipset names can be used as an address-or-range. Beginning with Shorewall 4.4.14, ipset lists enclosed in +[...] may also be included (see shorewall-ipsets[1] (5)). The semantics of these lists when used in an exclusion are as follows: o !+[set1,set2,...setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match at least one of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 OR NOT match set2 ... OR NOT match setN. o +[!set1,!set2,...!setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match any of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 AND NOT match set2 ... AND NOT match setN. EXAMPLES
Example 1 - All IPv4 addresses except 192.168.3.4 !192.168.3.4 Example 2 - All IPv4 addresses except the network 192.168.1.0/24 and the host 10.2.3.4 !192.168.1.0/24,10.1.3.4 Example 3 - All IPv4 addresses except the range 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12 and the network 10.0.0.0/8 !192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12,10.0.0.0/8 Example 4 - The network 192.168.1.0/24 except hosts 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.9 192.168.1.0/24!192.168.1.3,192.168.1.9 Example 5 - All parent zones except loc any!loc FILES
/etc/shorewall/hosts /etc/shorewall/masq /etc/shorewall/rules /etc/shorewall/tcrules SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall-ipsets http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-ipsets.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)