Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C Compiler on LINUX
Operating Systems Linux C Compiler on LINUX Post 302284807 by vivek.bharadwaj on Friday 6th of February 2009 10:52:28 AM
Old 02-06-2009
Sorry was too desperate , have been trying for hours together.....

Error message with rpm -i gcc-xxx.rpm

Code:
warning: gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4ebfc273
error: Failed dependencies:
        cpp = 4.3.2-7 is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        glibc-devel >= 2.2.90-12 is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libc.so.6()(64bit) is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit) is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit) is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit) is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libgcc >= 4.3.2-7 is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libgcc_s.so.1()(64bit) is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libgomp = 4.3.2-7 is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64
        libgomp.so.1()(64bit) is needed by gcc-4.3.2-7.ppc64

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Windows C++ compiler for Linux

Does anyone here know of any good windows c++ compiler for linux? so that I can compile c++ programs in Linux (this is very possible!). Doesnt mather if it is a real windows compiler that works in wine or if its a compiler written for linux but compiles windows binaries (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
4 Replies

2. Programming

Doubts About C Compiler In Unix/linux

As all of you know whenever a program "say a.c" is complied in linux using the gcc or the cc compiler..it shows the list of errors ( if the program contains any).. i want to modify the compier script so as to list the no of errors only and not the description about the error..like" parse error " ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vrs
1 Replies

3. Programming

C compiler to build Sparc/Solaris binaries on Linux

Just that the Subject says. I am looking for a C compiler for Linux x86 that will allow me to compile a C source code file and the resulting binary will be able to run on a Sparc running Solaris. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

MS basic compiler for linux

I have a client who's software is written in ms basic for xenix and compiled on SCO. They would like to get it running on Linux. Does anyone know if there is a MS Basic compiler avialable for Linux? Or is there a way for Linux to run an SCO application? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
3 Replies

5. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

6. Red Hat

GCC compiler on linux box

Hi All, My main aim is to find the version of GCC compiler installed on linux box. Case 1: When i use gcc -v i get the foll. O/P Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux7/2.96/specs gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-128) case 2: when i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GCC compiler installation on Linux OS

Need assistance in getting a GCC compiler on linux server . I wanted to install GCC compiler under local user . System doesnt have any compiler . Is there a way to get a compiler installed without a root user, cant install using (rpm, yum ) When I try to compile the gcc source i get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

8. Linux

Xlc compiler on Redhat Linux

Hi , Currently i have my c and pro*c code got compiled in IBM POWER - AIX machine with xlc compiler version 9. We are planning to migrate all our applications from IBM POWER - AIX to Redhat Linux. Can i use the same current (IBM AIX) xlc compiler with the same compiling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)