Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to clean up file system Post 302284749 by vbe on Friday 6th of February 2009 09:09:15 AM
Old 02-06-2009
Are you root or a normal user when trying to access that file system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean Text File

HI, I have a file which comes from crystal reports in the below format. I need to clean the file so that i will only have the columns(deptid,empid,ename,sal) and the data below the column names. There is a bug in the repoting tool( we only see page1-1 for every department).The rundate change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean File

BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A02991 - Burnham 0002000 5,829,773 145.3 0009701 4,043,850 267.3 2005000 286,785.13 100.0 BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A01239 - East Track PSE Index A 0009902 317,356.82 890.2 0020021 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unable To Extend the Size of a Logical Volume File System

Background: # uname -a HP-UX deedee B.11.23 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license deedee.rsn.hp.com:/ # bdf /opt Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol6 6553600 6394216 158144 98% /opt /opt is almost full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris file system unable to use available space

Hi, The solaris filesystem /u01 shows available space as 100GB, and used space as 6 GB. The Problem is when iam trying to install some software or copy some files in this file system /u01 Iam unable to copy or install in this file system due to lack of space. ofcourse the software... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: iris1
31 Replies

6. AIX

F7fa22c9 i o sysj2 unable to allocate space in file system

F7FA22C9 I O SYSJ2 UNABLE TO ALLOCATE SPACE IN FILE SYSTEM edit by bakunin: until you are willing to phrase a decent question i am unwilling to tolerate such a spammed thread here. - Thread closed - (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjithm
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to create file system (newfs)

Hi I have the following cenario: I have requested a LUN from the NetApp to create a file system, and the netapp admin provide me with one as you can see below, but after following all the steps, I could not create a file system on the device: # format Searching for disks...done ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
11 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to mount a clone file system (NetApp)

Hi I have the following difficulty: the NetApp admin has clone one file system from one red hatserver and presented this cloned LUN into another redhat server. I can see the LUN as: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 64.4 GB, 64424509440 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7832 cylinders Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to extend file system

Hi, I have inherited this AIX 5.3 host. I'm unable to increase the /usr file system. It gives me this error. What needs to be done to remove this error? vios:/home/padmin$ chfs -a size=+128M /usr 0516-304 lquerypv: Unable to find device id 0002ef4df616f9690000000000000000 in the Device ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn888
14 Replies
PAM_WHEEL(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_WHEEL(8)

NAME
pam_wheel - Only permit root access to members of group wheel SYNOPSIS
pam_wheel.so [debug] [deny] [group=name] [root_only] [trust] DESCRIPTION
The pam_wheel PAM module is used to enforce the so-called wheel group. By default it permits root access to the system if the applicant user is a member of the wheel group. If no group with this name exist, the module is using the group with the group-ID 0. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. deny Reverse the sense of the auth operation: if the user is trying to get UID 0 access and is a member of the wheel group (or the group of the group option), deny access. Conversely, if the user is not in the group, return PAM_IGNORE (unless trust was also specified, in which case we return PAM_SUCCESS). group=name Instead of checking the wheel or GID 0 groups, use the name group to perform the authentication. root_only The check for wheel membership is done only. trust The pam_wheel module will return PAM_SUCCESS instead of PAM_IGNORE if the user is a member of the wheel group (thus with a little play stacking the modules the wheel members may be able to su to root without being prompted for a passwd). MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and account module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication failure. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The return value should be ignored by PAM dispatch. PAM_PERM_DENY Permission denied. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Cannot determine the user name. PAM_SUCCESS Success. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
The root account gains access by default (rootok), only wheel members can become root (wheel) but Unix authenticate non-root applicants. su auth sufficient pam_rootok.so su auth required pam_wheel.so su auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_wheel was written by Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 05/31/2011 PAM_WHEEL(8)