Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: expect-string length problom
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users expect-string length problom Post 302284748 by otheus on Friday 6th of February 2009 09:07:42 AM
Old 02-06-2009
Wrong way to go about this. Install and configure sudo and give a specific user(s) the NOPASSWD option. Here's just one thread to help you get started: https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-ex...lp-needed.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

length of string

How one can measure the length of a string but not with the help of awk utility Can we write shell script for the same ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilipluhar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Game Problom

weh i type in sudo shutdown nowit dose not le me shut down can i override this with out tyoing in -h :confused: my web site in the makeing is also wantin ga gane code for unix and well as a shut domne hwlp (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepicoman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

length of the string

Hi all, pls help me in finding the length of the given string, do we need to write a code seperately or is there any command?? pls help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read string, check string length and cut

Hello All, Plz help me with: I have a csv file with data separated by ',' and optionally enclosed by "". I want to check each of these values to see if they exceed the specified string length, and if they do I want to cut just that value to the max length allowed and keep the csv format as it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzy80
9 Replies

6. Programming

regarding string length

Helo, I have character array of sixe 128 char filename now I have one problem that when I enter filename as nothing I got value as " " ",`\0` " . when I find this string length ( " ",`\0`) as 1(one). actually I want to make this length as zero. so what should I do (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read a string with leading spaces and find the length of the string

HI In my script, i am reading the input from the user and want to find the length of the string. The input may contain leading spaces. Right now, when leading spaces are there, they are not counted. Kindly help me My script is like below. I am using the ksh. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayamatrix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problom Sorting

hi all, i have the test data file which is . seperated as below and i need sort it EX data: 5.4.11.3 5.4.2.2 after sort result should look like 5.4.2.2 5.4.11.3 thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String with different length

let image that we have string: QQQQQQQ:ABCDE:FFFFFF:GGGGG in second field can be 0 or 5 characters if A exist i need set variable ex: VAR=yes if B exist i need set variable ex: VAR1=yes if C exist i need set variable ex: VAR2=yes etc ... if second field is empty no variable to set if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
4 Replies

10. Programming

Expect script returning string following a found expect.

I'm fairly new to scripting so this might not be possible. I am using Expect with Cisco switches and need to capture the string after finding the expect request. For example, when I issue "show version" on a Nexus switch, I'm looking to capture the current firmware version: #show version ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBGaryA
0 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)