Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Timezone query
Operating Systems Solaris Timezone query Post 302284714 by gehlnar on Friday 6th of February 2009 07:52:06 AM
Old 02-06-2009
Bug

Thanks for ur explaination , I need to have a look at this option.

Cheers,
gehlnar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hello again, under hp-ux i have a file /etc/TIMEZONE. here is definied which timezone i am. i dont know who reads this file to set after reading the timezone under /usr/lib/tztab. my 2 questions, who reads the file /etc/TIMEZONE ( which service ) and do i need in the first line to set my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hi, I got an question about changing timezone thrue command line on a SunOS Release 4.1.2 without restarting the computer. Now it's set on WET and I want to set the timezone to CET (GMT +1) Plz somebody help me. Regards Novisern:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Novisern
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timezone

Hi, i am searching to change the timezone on a HP-UX11 system. Since last weekend the summertime started i am not able to change the time to the new time, every day the time changes back to wintertime. I think the problem is that the server is on the wrong timezone. Can someone help me please?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddyvdv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timezone

HI ; I got Solaris8 installed oon Sunfire V440 .I have TZ=GMT in /etc/TIMEZONE , but when i log in as root i see the date in GMT+1. So i have every time to "set TZ=GMT ; export $TZ" . How can i set the TZ=GMT at the startup defenitely. Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oss
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Crontab and timezone

I am running SunOS 5.6. If I login with a ksh shell and type 'date'. I get the correct date and time related to the TZ, that is, >Tuesday July 27 09:50:25 NZST 2004 However, if I run under crontab, I get this. >Mon Jul 26 20:49:00 ESTEDT 2004 My question is; Does anyone know how to fix this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbeard
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

changing timezone

Hi, I would like to change time zone Linux from IST to US/Canada but not getting the option , I have run the command setup -> timezone configuration but not getting the option of us/canada or pacific us/canada. Please suggest. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Solaris

timezone issue

Hi, On my server timezone is IST, so I have configured the sudo for user to change the date, but when he is changing the date time zone is also getting changed from ist to gmt. using solaris 10. I have checked in /etc/TIMEZONE file in that it is showing TZ=Asia/Calcutta, wheather any other file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Solaris

TIMEZONE problem..

hii there... can you guys help me with TIMEZONE setting on my solaris box i tried to edit cat /etc/TIMEZONE..but i think it will work after rebooting, but something i did which took me to GMT my problem is i have this issue on a server, and i have to fix this without rebooting. thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 6pound
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
SEND_GEARMAN(8) 					  System Administration Utilities					   SEND_GEARMAN(8)

NAME
send_gearman - Submit active and passive check results to a gearman job server DESCRIPTION
usage: send_gearman [ --debug=<lvl> ] [ --help|-h ] [ --config=<configfile> ] [ --server=<server> ] [ --timeout|-t=<timeout> ] [ --delimiter|-d=<delimiter> ] [ --encryption=<yes|no> ] [ --key=<string> ] [ --keyfile=<file> ] [ --host=<hostname> ] [ --service=<servicename> ] [ --result_queue=<queue> ] [ --message|-m=<pluginoutput> ] [ --returncode|-r=<returncode> ] for sending active checks: [ --active ] [ --starttime=<unixtime> ] [ --finishtime=<unixtime> ] [ --latency=<seconds> ] plugin output is read from stdin unless --message is used. Use this mode when plugin has multiple lines of plugin output. Note: When using a delimiter (-d) you may also submit one result for each line. Service Checks: <host_name>[tab]<svc_description>[tab]<return_code>[tab]<plugin_output>[newline] Host Checks: <host_name>[tab]<return_code>[tab]<plugin_output>[newline] see README for a detailed explaination of all options. SEE ALSO
The Mod Gearman documentation is available in /usr/share/doc/mod-gearman/README.html send_gearman 1.3.6-1 July 2012 SEND_GEARMAN(8)